commercial tower faucet parts / clean up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRL

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I can get chromed faucets new for 9.99 and tower shanks with the 90deg elbow for 14.95 each.

The taps I have, have definitely seen better days but could be cleaned, what I would more then likely need to replace is the shaft body that opens n closes for the beer. Are those even replaceable? I know the arm that the handle goes to can be changed but unsure about the shaft inside.

Anyone have elbow assemblies like these?

I was going to re use the shanks and elbows to save myself a few bucks but If I can't find those seals Ill need new elbows at which point ill just spend the 15 bucks and get new shanks with elbows.

BuR06HZ.jpg

This is the shaft I would need to replace if I where to keep the faucets.
0y3CmMR.jpg

AIEe24J.jpg

and for ****s n gigs... pic of the tower I started to clean up...

ktCJLyN.jpg

Honestly, unless you value your time way cheaper than I do ;) you'll spend way more refurbing that old kit than just buying new.
And then you'd end up with a lot of old brass in contact with your beverages.

This is the best time to refit with fresh parts. I'd definitely recommend it...

Cheers!

yea true enough.... you able to confirm i got the standard america tower / set up by the pics? I dont want to end up buying the wrong parts and be stuck with them.

Thanks,
Jesse

Everything appears to be USA standard parts, just old.
You should have no problems finding shanks, faucets and tail pieces...

Cheers!

Yea i got the shanks, tail pieces ect all lined up with new chromed faucets... I know there's better options on faucets but right now my budget will only support the cheaper end of it for now.

9.99 per chromed faucet and 14.99 per shank with tail piece + faucet to shank seal.

You did such a good job on the tower, and I'm sure you're going to be happy as a besotted clam with what you're getting :)

Cheers! :mug:

Yea, down the road ill be investing in some perlic SS taps... my beer funds are getting a little low so ill have to be patient.... at 10 bucks a tap, I can call them " disposables" lol...

I just bought this house a little over a year ago, so I do have to "invest" in other things. But do spend on my keg system when I can, on top of the atv's and boats ect I play with lol

within a year of having a keg on tap... ive went from a single tap kegerator

Ql0RCuT.jpg

To stepping up my variety and got this bev air unit. I am a bit skeptical of drilling my tower in right now as I am planning on building a bar around it sometime in the near future which the tower will be ontop of the bar and not directly on the fridge so really want to make sure I put in a good spot that I wont regret later.

XLnhyrS.jpg

Back