College Basketball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK when your unranked team beats the #16 team and the #6 team in the same week......

HOLY $HIT!!!!!!!! We Smoked Marquette and Georgetown.

Down by 8 at the half, and then we win by 8!!!!! Freaking awesome game. At half I wasn't even sure I wanted to see the rest of it. But of course I had to. Good thing!

I particulary liked Pitino's Colnel Sanders outfit...that he ditched for the 2nd half

Lol. That was frigging hilarious. That guy doesn't miss a trick. I heard several excuses for the wardrobe change, but my gut is that he wanted to make a statement to the team. Like "OK now we are here to play."

And don't you love the poles? beat the #16 and the #6 in one week, and you get 23rd in the AP and nothing in the espn/usa.

Marquette goose egged the week to unranked teams but still remained in the espn/usa poll.

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
!

Cheezydemon, love the way the Padgett is palying this year, he is finally healthy, hopefully for a while. My team is the Nevada Wolfpack. Kinda young this year, but still in the run for the WAC title.

Padgett is form Reno, and we were kinda disappointed when he went to Kansas out of high school. I watched him in high school a couple of times and he is really good. His dad still has some records from his playing days at Nevada.

College basketball is the best!

Rick

cheezydemon said:
And don't you love the poles? beat the #16 and the #6 in one week, and you get 23rd in the AP and nothing in the espn/usa.

They do that with SU, but the opposite. We could be ranked, lose one game, and suddenly it seems like were out of the top 25. Duke loses a game and drops one slot. WTF? Not this year I know...Besides, we don't belong in the top 25 this year.

We should have beat Georgetown and UConn. And for not beating them, that's why we'll be overlooked again for NCAA, unless we take the Big East Championship...That is if we get invited to go (ie - if we don't fall out of the top 12 teams...)

SU vs Louisville is coming up!

And Good luck to you Brother, all games are good in the Big East. I am looking forward to it!

rfidd, I agree. He is a beast! He made Hibbert look bad for Georgetown. No easy feat.

And nothing racist!! My favorite players are black, but it does my heart good to see a white boy who can really play!;)

man I can't believe I haven't seen this thread. Good to see another Cardinals fan here Cheezy. I was at the Georgetown game and it was magical. Absolutely amazing.

Soundly beat DePaul last night and for you UK fans out there, what about that Vandy game. Ouch. 41-11 at half time hurts. They couldn't get anything going for the life of them.

I'm glad pagett went somewhere and is doing well. When he said he wanted to play guard and be a ball handler at 7 feet his days at KU were numbered. He didn't fit in well at KU for some reason.
JR giddens is doing well somewhere else too, but I don't think you would find a KU fan that would want him back. Consistently took bad shots and passed up open ones, and only looked for the 3...he was 2nd to only lebron in the dunk competition, but not once in 2 years at KU did I see him drive the lane.

zugzwang56 said:
and for you UK fans out there, what about that Vandy game. Ouch. 41-11 at half time hurts. They couldn't get anything going for the life of them.

Yep, It hurt real bad but I still bleed BLUE!!!!!!!Go Cats......

Mulcahey's Brewing said:
They do that with SU, but the opposite. We could be ranked, lose one game, and suddenly it seems like were out of the top 25. Duke loses a game and drops one slot. WTF? Not this year I know...Besides, we don't belong in the top 25 this year.

We should have beat Georgetown and UConn. And for not beating them, that's why we'll be overlooked again for NCAA, unless we take the Big East Championship...That is if we get invited to go (ie - if we don't fall out of the top 12 teams...)

SU vs Louisville is coming up!

Here it comes brother!!!:mug:

Jayhawks indeed, but I have met a lot who said good riddance to Padgett and said that he wasn't all that good. If they are smart they are eating their words now.

Well......Louisville is rolling. Just executed Pitt on the road. 7 wins in a row, including: Georgetown, Marquette, Syracuse, Pitt, etc.

Who would have thought that WKU would be in the sweet 16???

GO BIG RED!!!

bigred.gif

cheezydemon said:
Indeed! Are you an alum?

Imagine WKU and U of L meeting in the final 4! lol. Fun to imagine anyways.

Yeah, just graduated in May..

I think we are going to have a problem with UCLA this Thursday.. but we've made a good run so far!

I wish you luck, but my bracket needs UCLA to win! Currently winning my work pool.

UT LOOK THE F OUT!!!!! It will be a good game, but NOONE is playing better than the Cards right now.

Executed 6 seeded OK by 30 points????IN THE NCA Tournament??????? Holy Hell.

Look out Tennessee!

I'm really not regretting Padgett leaving today :D

We have beat roy, the demons are gone.

Rock chalk

knarfks said:
I'm really not regretting Padgett leaving today :D

We have beat roy, the demons are gone.

Rock chalk

Congrats, you guys were obviously the better team last night. I'll be rooting for the Jayhawks monday.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK, KAAAAAAY UUUUUUUUU:ban: :ban: :ban:
My voice is now gone.

20 years.

I like that it pissed off all of the ESPN analysts except for Bilas, the only one who picked KU was sitting on the end with a grin on his face while the others argued about a 3 changed correctly to a 2.

Chalmers is the freaking man, best player on the team, not rush.

Great game, well played memphis, thankfully KU learned to hit free throws after 2003:D

Back