Coffee Kombucha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chyna

Reaction score
I have a batch of very tasty coffee Kombucha. I'm ready for a secondary fermentation. Anyone have any suggestions on flavoring it? It's got a lovely mild taste as is but I'm open to trying new flavours.

I have a batch of very tasty coffee Kombucha. I'm ready for a secondary fermentation. Anyone have any suggestions on flavoring it? It's got a lovely mild taste as is but I'm open to trying new flavours.

I did one and used cocoa nibs in secondary..... It came out well.

H.W.

I found organic cocoa nibs. How much do I add per 16 oz bottle? Thanks

Would you be willing to share the coffee recipe you used for this? I am a student and have to come up with a kombucha final project

I'm terrible about documenting my Kombucha experiments. I can't help at all as far as quantity. I use the TLAR method (that looks about right)

H.W.

Use a spare scoby because you'll discard the scoby after one brew of coffee booch. The coffee scoby is quite thin and it takes about twice as long to brew as regular booch. I added organic chocolate nibbs as suggested by Owly

I am so glad to find this thread, Scobies, Kombucha, etc. etc.
Somehow I got started down the wrong path, and I got the impression I was GONNA DIE if I made Kombucha.
I Will get started soon. First home brew/beer is fermenting at the moment.

I used basically the same bucha recipe I normally used for my teas.. 1 cup sugar, coffee mixture and then toss in the scoby.. As for the 2nd fermentation I would try to stay away from powders due to the inability to fully incorporate them into it.. If that's what u want i would add it to your finished cup about to drink, but I might be wrong.
I always try the T&E method (trial and error) of figuring out what I like and what works. I have made a few batches now and use my cold brew coffee for starter and it almost always comes out tasting more like the roasted bean and has more distinctful flavors..

Please let me know if this has helped anyone

I'm drinking a coffee kombucha now and I'm thinking about doing the next batch with espresso

Back