Clogged pipeline

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdillow

Reaction score
I've been at this for going on five years now, and today was rooting through my basement stash and was surprised to see I have 5-6 cases of homebrew sitting about, encompassing about 8 different batches going back to 2011.

Some I have been deliberately cellaring. Some were just beers that didn't taste stellar so I decided to let them age. Some just weren't easy drinkers and didn't make it into the beer fridge. Now I don't know what to do with them all, but I'd like to get some empty bottles back. Guess I either throw a party, or give em away as gifts. I remember when lack of a pipeline was an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yeah, me too. I love to brew but limit my intake to protect my liver and keep that number on the scale down. I have somewhere over 16 cases in the basement. Now- many of those are huge / ageable beers, but still, it's a little crazy.

I'm at the 'lack of' side of the spectrum. Just foamed two kegs today, but the two in primary have only been there for a week. The only other ones I have are my seasonal pumpkin and raspberry. Pretty low on those too.

I don't feel your pain :)

Nothing to add really - get drinking!

If they are good, you want to keep them, if they are bad, you don't want to give them away.

This afternoon, I discovered a case of beer I brewed over 3 years ago (8/28/11). Kept well, tastes great. Am drinking one now. I can't say it improved over time, but it didn't deteriorate either.

Back