Cleaning DME out of carpet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the7yearplan

Reaction score
I threw out some old DME and my dog decided it would be a great snack. She managed to get it all over the carpet and then proceeded to lick it up to get it really suck. Has anyone had any experience with have to get DME out of carpet? Any tips?

Try a carpet steamer. It is water-soluble.

I wouldn't just put water on it without some kind of vacuum to immediately suck up the moisture, though, since then it will get down into the padding and you'll have a nice little ant party.

Vacum up the dry as much as possible then bust out the carpet cleaner i mean ya have a dog right? Treat it like a pet mistake...it happens. They cant hold it forever. Bugs i wouldnt worry about unless it sits there for a long time! Sounds lile ya probably have it under control by now. To be safe clean it a few times. Oxyclean mixed with a decent carpet "soap" works great i do all the time.

Back