Citra rubber band taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimelessCynic

Reaction score
Does anyone get a 'rubber band' taste when they dry hop with citra?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

no. not me at least. i was just chewing on a rubber band at work for some reason, id take a citra flavored rubber band if you have any.

No; though, once I made a Citra/Maris Otter Smash , and got a real piney/"catty" smell. Stashed it away for 2 months and it mellowed into a killer pale ale. Maybe the same will happen to yours?
- beermethatbeer

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Yah i made a citra MO smash before too. Definite strong cat piss. Mellowed into a great beer. This one is different and i need it for the Super Bowl. I think i corrected my problem. I tied a hop bag around my keg post and pushed it to the bottom right near the beer out a week or more ago. I think when I was drawing beer i was getting beer that was heavily concentrated with hop oils. I star sanned my arm. (Probably didnt help) and pulled that bag up the post and removed it all together. Seems much better to taste now.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back