Churchill's Anniversary Renaissance thing 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd pay $100 for a bottle if I were in San Diego, but if I'm going to donate $70 to a Humane Society (which I have no problem with), it would be my local one.

In addition to supporting a good cause, it also gives one a justification to combat the people in their life who would use purchasing a $100 bottle of beer as further evidence of alcoholism.

And that will only be confirmed when these bottles hit the trade market and people want "$4$". Of course, this was all demonstrated abundantly already with the DBD release.

This year I'm going to fly to Copenhagen for the Blabaer release and ask $4$ including airfare and hotel in return. I'll leave the meals out though; that'd just be greedy.

Got 2 at the $50 level. Took awhile but they pop in and out.

One for me one for wife. Unfortunately she will drink it.

I'm not at all a rich person, but spending $100 gives $70 to a good cause (one I've supported in the past, the SD Humane Society) and allowed me to sleep in my bed and not wait in line all night long. I'm going back to sleep now. See some of you at Brewbies (another great cause).

Last edited:
Those $100 bottles keep coming up... Peoples must be putting in cart, then realizing how much they are spending

Sad_puppy.png

Still debating buying the $100 bottle?

Anyone inside the bar right now? Hoping to hear about how a certain someone is whining to the staff to let him buy a bottle.

I'm pretty sure that's not legal. Write off for Churchill's sure, but you won't get it.

Churchill's can't write it off. It's money in money out to the charity - they are just an intermediary. He charged over and above the stated retail price therefore cannot justify it as a charitable give.

Churchill's can't write it off. It's money in money out to the charity - they are just an intermediary. He charged over and above the stated retail price therefore cannot justify it as a charitable give.

Presumably they'll be writing one lump sum check to the Humane Society for it though right?

Presumably they'll be writing one lump sum check to the Humane Society for it though right?
He has to bring the money in though. He did a public sale stating charity. If he brings the money in as normal he'll also have to pay taxes on the full amount.

Seriously though... If you are going to trade a $30 bottle at a $70 mark up, then what the hell you gonna trade for? It better be worth it, and the person you trade with better be okay with giving up good whalez or $4$. This $100 thing really screws up how you would trade this bottle... Thoughts?

Seriously though... If you are going to trade a $30 bottle at a $70 mark up, then what the hell you gonna trade for? It better be worth it, and the person you trade with better be okay with giving up good whalez or $4$. This $100 thing really screws up how you would trade this bottle... Thoughts?

Out of the gate you'll have one faction insisting that's what they paid, so that's the starting point and you'll have another faction crying foul. Hands will be wrung, teeth will be gnashed. In time, it will find it's level like anything else.

Out of the gate you'll have one faction insisting that's what they paid, so that's the starting point and you'll have another faction crying foul. Hands will be wrung, teeth will be gnashed. In time, it will find it's level like anything else.

Where it's going to become a huge ******** (not on here, but the other sites) is when you have people accusing each other of lying about how they acquired it/how much it cost.

Where it's going to become a huge ******** (not on here, but the other sites) is when you have people accusing each other of lying about how they acquired it/how much it cost.

Maybe the etiquette is providing proof of your purchasing it for 50 or 100? Then again, is someone really gonna give up $100 worth of beer for one of these? More importantly, why am I analyzing a problem that has absolutely no impact on me?

Back