Churchill's Anniversary Renaissance thing 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how HaveUCN missed out. They handed out bracelets inside at last call before going outside to the unofficial line they repeatedly asked to disperse until 2 am.
12861671305_7cfbca6e21_o.png

I'm shocked at the number of people who are apparently willing to spend $100 (plus fees) on this bottle of barrel-aged imperial stout.
well... I think that this may suggest that a lot people put them in a cart and then didn't check out. So, less people are buying the $100 bottle than the $50...
EDIT: Obviously I suppose

and a barrel of ba imperial stout thats inferior to older visc, no less!
That's subjective, obviously, and I do think that some CFH blows OV out of the water, 2012 CFH most noticeably.
Regardless, however, a beer that either:
a. is relatively available at the pub for locals for on-site consumption (with a little legwork, yes--call ahead and see if they have bottles on-site currently or give them a few days notice before your assumed arrival)
b. if you're a non-local, you have to assign a trustee (has Ivan even really acknowledged this process yet?), pay for shipping, and more often than not: pay/shop/cellar pick beers for a thank you box, and ship again

That's subjective, obviously, and I do think that some CFH blows OV out of the water, 2012 CFH most noticeably.
Regardless, however, a beer that either:
a. is relatively available at the pub for locals for on-site consumption (with a little legwork, yes--call ahead and see if they have bottles on-site currently or give them a few days notice before your expected date of arrival)
b. if you're non-local, assigning a trustee, paying for shipping, and more often than likely paying/shopping for a thank you box, and shipping again

What's an on-site bottle cost? $30?

I'm shocked at the number of people who are apparently willing to spend $100 (plus fees) on this bottle of barrel-aged imperial stout.
I felt like an idiot for spending $100 on a pair, but I feel like building up a vertical. Who is the bigger idiot though:

1. Person who pays $50 for a bottle.
2. Person who waits 12 hours in the rain to pay $30 a bottle.

Both idiots however. Guilty. Easy process to buy though. I was a getting a haircut. Wife is a ninja.

I felt like an idiot for spending $100 on a pair, but I feel like building up a vertical. Who is the bigger idiot though:

1. Person who pays $50 for a bottle.
2. Person who waits 12 hours in the rain to pay $30 a bottle.

Both idiots however. Guilty. Easy process to buy though. I was a getting a haircut. Wife is a ninja.
Fwiw I don't think I saw anyone last night who wasn't having a good time. I know hanging out with my buddies made for a most memorable night regardless of the weather.

Fwiw I don't think I saw anyone last night who wasn't having a good time. I know hanging out with my buddies made for a most memorable night regardless of the weather.

Hanging out outside next to San Marcos Blvd isn't as fun as hanging out inside a bar or at my house around my firepit with my buddies. Different strokes...

Next year we'll get shirts that say "No AIDS bitches" and tape a condom to it underneath, and write "ISO:Clean Cooter FT:My Dong"

Not only will women not try to cut, but they'll know we're open for "sharing our whalez"

Latest posts

Back