Chugger stepped up! Problems solved.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gridlocked

Reaction score
I just thought I would post about my experiences with Chugger for the masses to express how impressed and happy I am with the way my issues were handled. For the record I don't have any affiliation with Chugger, this is just my opinion / $.02

the back story - I purchased two of the green bodied Chugger pumps right when they came out a few years ago. The price was right because the bore on the stainless head was slightly off center - I didn't care. The pumps worked great for about a year.

the problem- Starting about a year ago, one of my pumps would lock up or loose it's prime when I was pumping hot liquid. I notified Chugger via E-mail, shipped my impeller back to them and it was promptlyreplaced at no charge to me -other than the $2.99 I spent to ship my impeller back. About a month ago, my other pump started acting up.

the solution - This last time when my pump went out, I was obviously frustrated that the problem happened again. I E-mailed Michael at Chugger and got an E-mail response in literally a few minutes. He asked me to box up the entire pump and send it back, so I did. About a week later, a brand new pump arrived. Not my old pump rebuilt, a new unit.

All companiesand all businesses have problems. Mine certainty does. It is how those problems are handled and solved that speaks volumes about the company and the people that run them. Being employed for a company that sells products as well as being in business for myself it's frustrating when these problems happen and it sucks to ship out replacement product but it's the right thing to do. I was on the other side of things this time and I'm impressed.

2012-04-17113535.jpg

They're good folks when people give them a chance and don't do the normal "Zomg my pump broke, it must be a POS let me go post on HBT about how crappy they are."

They've answered all my dumb questions and my second generation pump has been running flawlessly.

Back