Storing full kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrocker652002

Reaction score
OK, I am pretty sure I have asked this, and I am sure if I did a search I would find what I am looking for, but what the heck, I enjoy the conversation. I have a number of kegs sitting in my garage that I would love to put in the rotation, but my kegerator only holds one. If this is a subject that has been beat to death and needs to be removed due to my laziness, please feel free. Sitting here enjoying a cup of my home roasted coffee and thinking out loud.

I've moved full kegs into a bedroom closet because the temperature is more suitable and stable than the garage. If I had the space, I'd probably put a second old fridge in the garage for this purpose.

Find the coolest area in your house with the most stable temperature. Could be a closet.

(Haven't we had this discussion before? It feels familiar).

Or just buy a "coffin freezer" new or used, and put an external temp controller to keep it above freezing. They come in sizes that hold 3 to 12 kegs. Even new, the smaller ones aren't terribly expensive, especially if alternative is buying good store bought beer.

I have a 12 kegger, which is key to my conditioning and lagering "pipeline", and am considering getting another smaller one.

Find the coolest area in your house with the most stable temperature. Could be a closet.

(Haven't we had this discussion before? It feels familiar).
It was probably me who started it too. I just get to thinking about stuff and start typing. Feel free to close this if is a conversation that is already going or has been beaten to death. Like I said in my original post, I am pretty sure I had already asked but was just trying to spur a discussion.

Back