Chilling 4 - 7 gal conicals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dionbill

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am looking for a solution to regulate temps on 4 - 7 gal conical fermenters to 65-70F. Looking at the SS brewtech or morebeer conicals. Any suggestions? Would these fit in a 17 or 22 cuft deep freezer? I already have a Johnson temp controller to regulate temps. What are your thoughts and suggestions? Thanks.

Dion

the 7 gallon one is only 12.5" diameter according to the ss brewtech website. you could fit that in most mini fridges...
or based on the dimensions of this (only exterior are listed, but you can make some reasonable assumptions), you can probably fit two in here..

I use a chiller to controlling temps on 2 12.5gallon and one 7.3 conical and my co troller system and plumbing is setup to control a fourth conical when I add it. It works well even when lagering.

I use a chiller to controlling temps on 2 12.5gallon and one 7.3 conical and my co troller system and plumbing is setup to control a fourth conical when I add it. It works well even when lagering.

I use a coolzone cooling jacket on one conical and homemade cooling jackets made from 1.5" diameter discharge hose for my other along with a small silicone heating strip for heating and wrapped each conical in foil faced bubble wrap for insulation to hold temps. One of the multiple advantages here is I can have each Conical held at a different temp without wasting energy using heater to counteract the cooling system.

Back