Chiller temperature control valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

314alias

Reaction score
I’m considering putting a temp controller and a valve for a counterflow chiller. Wanted to see if anyone had done anything like this yet?

May not go to the length of a temp controller but will definitely have a switch on my panel for chiller water. Any valve suggestions or setup suggestions would be appreciated.

I am not exactly clear on your request. Do you mean on/off valve or proportional valve? My rig is automated for chilling transfer to the fermenter... one valve turns on the chill water for a first stage chiller and a fountain pump for ice water for the second stage, and a proportional valve opens / closes slightly each few seconds to chill/maintain the pre-set temperature into the fermenter.

Not sure if you are looking for something like that?

Not sure if you are looking for something like that?

Iam!!

My system is set up to pre boil my strike water and underlet the strike water into the BIAB kettle. I am still setting it up and have been thinking that there must be a way to automate the chilling.

So please do tell.:yes:

Back