Cheers from Coconut Grove (Miami)!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ang

Reaction score
Hi everyone. After 7 years and probably more, I got my brewing equipment back and I'm getting back into brewing. I live on a boat in The Grove, so I never had my brewing equipment shipped down from Atlanta because I can't brew on the boat - it moves too much and the temperature can be inconsistent. I got a friend addicted to my kind of beer, so I set up my brewery at her house. I had an award winning pale ale, but I can't remember the recipe. Oh well....I'll eventually get it right again.

I'm a bit concerned about the heat down here, but at least I have a tile floor on which to place the carboy. I primarily brew what it the equivalent of the Redhook Long Hammer IPA. I occasionally a summer ale for the captain, and what I call "Rock Your World Wheat" (I add a couple of pounds of honey to that).

Cheers!

Ang

Thanks. Just took an inventory of the equipment tonight and made a list of what I need to get started again. After all these years (appears to be 9 years by the last homebrew receipt dated 2004), only one broken carboy and a broken hydrometer (I never used that anyway), and all the hoses need to be replaced. After a trip to my somewhat local homebrew store on Saturday, I should have the old girl fired up by Sunday, assuming the one and only homebrew store in the Miami area is well stocked. More importantly, I found my recipes! They were mere scribblings on scrap paper stuffed in a bottling bucket. I was so happy to see those! I can't wait to taste that again.

Back