Check my wiring?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EyeofdaHawk

Reaction score
Can someone please check if wire the alarm buzzer and on/off correctly? It's via the Ezboil 120, 310 and SLY. Put the hot bus to 13 on on the Ezboil 120, then this is wired to 13 on the ezboil 310, and to 2 on the SYL. Wired the 1 to the 14 for the Ezboils, and but not for the SYL (doesn't have a 13 + 14 so to 2). Connected 1 on the SYL to the alarm switch, and this to the alarm buzzer, and the other socket on the buzzer to neutral.

This all sound right? Basically done the diagram, minus the switches at the bottom of each unit, oh and no timer.
alarms240V.jpg

Thanks. Then my build is finally finished!

This all sound right? Basically done the diagram, minus the switches at the bottom of each unit, oh and no timer.
alarms240V.jpg

Thanks. Then my build is finally finished!
So its totally different than the diagram that you posted for reference right? LOL
How are you going to control the alarm without being able to switch them on and off without going into the pid menus to do so? its also going to a big pain going into each pid and turning the alarm feature on and off each time vs using an external switch... as someone who used a configuration with switches I think you will regret not having them you will have to wire separate trigger wires from each pid to the alarm and as well to ensure the circuit is complete when it the alarm relay is activated...
These switches are like $4 each on ebay. (just saying)

with no timer I assume your only using the alarm for notifying that a certain temp has been reached for each pid/controller? you could use just one switch to turn the alarm on and off but the problem is you will still have to manually deactivate the alarm feature on the pids you dont want to be using at that time and thats a pain.

I used 2 - 3position nc/no/nc switches on my old panel to save space.

Last edited:
Sorry i clearly wasn't clear. I have a switch wired to the buzzer like in above, just goes straight from the buzzer to the switch with neutral back to neutral bus.

Your still going to have to turn your alarms on and off through the menus in each pid this way otherwise at least one will always be sending a signal the the buzzer... With the switches you can turn the alarms on and off without wasting time finding it in the sub menus and doing it each time... Whats likely going to happen is your gonna get tired of messing with it and not use it at all.

Back