Cheap Shipping on 50lb Malt Sacks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jchawk

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've shipped a 50lb sack of malt and it looks like the usual suspects have gotten rid of flat rate shipping.

Can anyone recommend a good home brew site that ships with a flat rate or relatively cheap shipping rate?

Usually 50lb sacks are excluded from flat rate and you have to pay the full shipping rate. This usually makes it just as if not more expensive than your LHBS.

instead of buying a sack... just buy 5 10lbs bags of grain. that should ship for the flat rate or free shipping depending on where you buy. Not as cheap as a bulk price but probably a wash once you factor in 50lb shipping weight.

Depends on where you are.

I call Ed at Brewmasters Whse and he works out a 50# price, and a shipping rate for me by request. Great to work with - !!

I think AHS does flat rate even on grain, but the bulk pricing is not inexpensive. I have heard of people using "fiftypoundsack.com", but I have not looked at their pricing. Shop local or one of the online merchants that are geographically close to you (it is normally less expensive to ship heavy things shorter distances).

Really if your goal is inexpensive grain, group buys are your best bet if there is one happening in your area. Check out the group by forum here https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f174/

Cheapest I have found is northern brewers Rahr malt. Its $35 plus about $17 in shipping. Works out to just around $1 per pound, cheapest I can find any way

$26 to ship to me in NC. :(

i can get 2-row @ the LHBS for 50 bux, now just gotta find somewhere less than 80 bux for maris otter!

$26 to ship to me in NC. :(

i can get 2-row @ the LHBS for 50 bux, now just gotta find somewhere less than 80 bux for maris otter!

I guess I have it good to be able to get 2 row for $35 and marris otter for $40

I guess I have it good to be able to get 2 row for $35 and marris otter for $40

Most DEFinitely!

I bought a sack of Rahr 2-row today for 50.

couldn't bring myself (read: couldn't afford) to buy a bag of MO for $79 + tax.

Latest posts

Back