Champagne saver on beer bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This past year the purchase of a champagne saver has been a game changer. You can drink a couple glasses of champagne and put it back in the fridge for a day or two.

Over the weekend the wife wanted a small glass of beer so she opened a bottle and decided to try the champagne saver to see if it fit - it did - tasted great the next day with only a small amount of carbonation lost. Of corse refrigeration seems important for these things to work. Would be even beer if you just needed to come back to a bottle of beer later that day.

Not sure if this is already common wisdom around here but since she discovered this unintended use on her own I figured I would share it here.

The one we have is a Houdini brand but it looks like this one:
http://www.metrokane.com/product/27/rabbit-winechampagne-sealer.aspx

Champagne_saver.jpg

Never heard of them. Pretty cool you found it works, but it's pretty rare we aren't going to finish a bottle, but sometimes I hold off opening a 22 oz'er until I know my gf will drink some, but that's mostly so she can try and not because I can't finish it.

Now growlers OTOH are another story. I avoid buying them because I don't want to drink 4 glasses most nights. I'm really looking forward to the Kickstarter I funded, the Growler Saver.

The Growler Saver also looks like a handy piece of gear! Will have to check it out.

Usually I don't leave a bottle of beer half full around the house but it could happen. One nice thing about having a beer keg at home is pouring the amount you want. I have always liked the option to order a half pint or a small beer at a bar, particularly toward the end of a night.

Nice gadget for $8.

Back