CFC build help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolharry

Reaction score
Anyone have any tips for fitting 3/4 in copper tube into a 3/4 in garden hose?
I had a bunch of 1/2 inch copper tube so I figured I would build a new CFC. Everything went great until I got to the part where my tee fitting has to go into the garden hose. They're both 3/4 so they match up in size and the garden hose is heavy duty so it doesn't have much give. I got a piece in when I was test fitting, but with the 1/2 in running through both pieces I can't hit the same angle as i did during testing.

Cut a piece of plastic wide enough that you can wrap it around the copper. Place the plastic over the end that you want the hose to go on and twist the plastic to make it a cone shape. Lube up the plastic and hose and slide her on. Pull the plastic piece out from between.

Heat is your friend. You can use a heat gun, lighter or even a pot of boiling water to soften up the hose to work it over the fitting.

Thanks, I think I'll try doing both. Heat it up and use the wedge and lube. I used dish soap and water to get the tube through the hose, but is there a better option for a tight fit like this?

I used a 3/4" x 1/2" Copper Pressure Fitting Reducer. If I remember correctly I found two types at Menards, one had a longer 1/2" end, helps when clamping the hose. Again, if I remember correctly I used some pipe Teflon tape on the 1/2" side for a tighter fit. No leaks and plenty of water flow.

tom

Copper fitting.JPG

Back