Carbonation problem HELP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelob

Reaction score
This is my sixth brew and always carbinated after one week in bottle just cracked one open and flat if I pour it back and forth into two glasses i get a very small head. tastes great but flat. Its a exract kit from northern brewer. Irish red ale. Anything I can do?

I always check after 1 week to see, and my other five brews carbinated. I guess I just freaked out a little. thanks for your help

DON'T PANIC!!!!

Now that you're busy not panicking, be patient, the yeastie beasties know their job and will complete it in their own time...kinda like subcontractors :D

Most of mine show some signs of carbing at a week but one bottle will be perfect and the next totally flat. By week 2 it is more consistent. By week 3 they are almost always perfectly carbed

BUT some brews can take FOREVER (like months) to carb. So I"ll say it for Revvy and Pappa Charlie

RDWHAHB :mug:

I had one batch that was still flat after about 4 weeks in the bottle. I decided it just wasn't going to happen. I let it sit for a few months and WOW, it was the best beer I ever made. It just took a long time.

In the meantime, start another batch so if the first one takes a few months, maybe the second won't and you can be drinking homebrew.

And speaking of old homebrew, I found 2 bottles of the 2nd incarnation of that same recipe in my basement after thinking they were long gone over a year. Still the best. And I found some old nut brown ale just the other day and I put one in the fridge. Maybe I'll try it right now!

The nut brown is still over-carbonated. Oh well, 1.5 years didn't settle it down. Still tastes pretty good though. After I made that batch I replaced all the hoses and siphon equipment and declared the bucket dead. Plastic can harbor a lot of nasties. I haven't had any further problems.

Back