carbonating keg top

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goat

Reaction score
Do any of you have any comments on this carbonating keg top with air stone? Does it work well? How much pressure and how long? Wanted to know if it is worth the investment.

upload_2019-11-28_10-21-28.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-28_10-20-8.png
    upload_2019-11-28_10-20-8.png
    208.3 KB · Views: 21
Do any of you have any comments on this carbonating keg top with air stone? Does it work well? How much pressure and how long? Wanted to know if it is worth the investment.

View attachment 654527
I’m confused why this in necessary? If you have a keg just set it to psi and wait 5 days or force carb by rocking back and forth. I force carb and am drinking beer practically 5 minutes after I rack into my keg.

You can speed up carbonation times here... but not enough to justify the extra money unless you have some kind of time restrictions requiring your beer to be carbonated superfast. Most of us can wait 3-4 days. The idea here is to get smaller bubbles into the liquid so it dissolves faster, but the keg is so small you can just shake it.

I have one, I like it. What I’ll do is set the PSI to about 2-4psi over desired volume. I’ll purge the head space a few times over the course of 24 hours and then it’s done and ready to drink. I personally think it’s worth it.

Back