Dimension of Fermzilla Top Opening

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agentbud

Reaction score
Can someone out there who owns a Fermzilla tell me the exact inside dimension of the top opening? I have a Speidel fermenter and its top opening has an inside diameter of 4 7/8". I was curious if the tri-clamp pressure lid that is designed for the fermzilla would also fit the Speidel opening. I don't want it for pressure fermenting but rather just like all the extra ports it provides. I would still use the Speidel's locking ring so there is no issue with the threads matching as long as the lid fits snugly into the opening.

More or less the same for me. I'm assuming all the Fermzilla fermenters are the same. I have the All Rounder and I measured just shy of 4 3/4".

Good news. The fermzilla tri-clamp lid arrived today. The diameter of the inner part of the lid that fits down into the opening is just a tad too small, maybe by 1/8”, so it does not create a seal on the inner part of the opening. However, the outer flange of the lid matches the outer diameter of the Speidel opening and I found that if I add the original top o-ring that came with the Speidel to the fermzilla lid flange, it allows it to seal down onto the top of the lip, creating an air-tight seal. I added a couple pounds of pressure and so far it is holding fine. I can now add my hop bong onto my Speidels. Picture attached.

Attachments

• lid on speidel.jpg
    lid on speidel.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Good news. The fermzilla tri-clamp lid arrived today. The diameter of the inner part of the lid that fits down into the opening is just a tad too small, maybe by 1/8”, so it does not create a seal on the inner part of the opening. However, the outer flange of the lid matches the outer diameter of the Speidel opening and I found that if I add the original top o-ring that came with the Speidel to the fermzilla lid flange, it allows it to seal down onto the top of the lip, creating an air-tight seal. I added a couple pounds of pressure and so far it is holding fine. I can now add my hop bong onto my Speidels. Picture attached.
wow that is really cool . thanks for taking the chance on this for the rest of us . awesome way to interchange parts.

brew on

Back