Canned raspberries how much to add??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bratrules

Reaction score
I found these at my local supermarket .

ForumRunner_20131025_133934.jpg

I was wondering how many cans would I need to get some good raspberry flavor? I was thinking of doing 5 gallon sour mash wheat. Maybe add some mango also.

keep me posted.

you are just going to secondary with them right not boil.

I am really getting into fruit beers but they get expensive.

I never add my fruit to the boil. I always add it to the secondry. Add I always cold crash before adding the fruit it seems to retain more fruit flavor that way. But your right fruit beer can get very expensive to make. But the canned fruit do seem a little cheaper than the fresh fruit and you use less.

i wonder how these cans in your pic are different from the cans made for brewing in regards to the syrupy, sugary nature of pie filling? I would like to hear from more people who have explored the differences.

That pie filling probably contains 30% fruit at best, plus a bunch of sugars and some starch. I'd rather buy frozen raspberry, cook it a bit to sanitize, then press through a fine sieve to de-seed.

Latest posts

Back