Can anything else go wrong??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbnbrew

Reaction score
Finished up my CFC then realized right before I was about to start my brew I had garden hose fittings not the right ones for copper so went and bought the right ones. Then tried it out and have a leak so dried it all up and soldered again then went to change a fitting on my bk and broke the blichmann ball valve on it. So no barbed end or ball valve now apparently I'm stronger than I thought. Thought it couldn't get worse so went for a homebrew from the keezer and wouldn't you knowing first time ever have a bad leak and CO2 is empty. Finally have up for the night and started on my six pack of Ophelia Hoppy Wheat Ale from Breckinridge brewery new into the major liquor store. Needles to say bad night....sorry for the rant needed to get it out somewhere two year old and pregnant wife aren't good to vent to about homebrew problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yikes. It's nights like that that make the smooth days all the better. It is better to have all the chaos all at once rather than ruin several brew days. Hang in there. Hope the beers made up for it at least.

You did the right thing by bringing it here.

Now it's time to get back on that horse and...

Wait, I'm not sure what a horse has to do with homebrewing. Forget that.

Haha well I'm a blacksmith so the horse comment seems appropriate but yea already have a new ball valve in the mail even went ahead and bought my first all grain kit with it so I could get free shipping.

Yes it could get worse, you cooulda broke a bone but you didn't. So congrats on that. Lol

Haha well I'm a blacksmith so the horse comment seems appropriate but yea already have a new ball valve in the mail even went ahead and bought my first all grain kit with it so I could get free shipping.

How did you break the ball valve?

The 1/2 barb got stuck somehow it was brand new so I'm assuming a bad thread because I just hand screwed it in and ended up using two wrenches after I took it off the pot and now the barb it stuck solid so not broken I guess just inoperable for good.

Oh, I'd contact John on the forum and let him know. I had an issue with my Blichmann, and he got it taken care of. The adjustable thermometer dial would rub on the face causing it to get stuck. He had Nick (the new customer service guy) ship me a new one.

I might I just didn't buy it from any store I got it from stainlessbrewer on here but the kettle is brand new so I'm not sure how that would work.

I might I just didn't buy it from any store I got it from stainlessbrewer on here but the kettle is brand new so I'm not sure how that would work.

Well, the way Blichmann normally works is they like to have you go through the company you bought it from. Then they deal with Blichmann directly.

But, contacting John won't hurt since it's obviously not a huge item, they'll probably just ship you a new one.

I emailed him about my issue. He just told me to copy the conversation and email the Blichmann customer service email address with it and with my information. It took them over a week to get back to me. But that's not normal. They hired a new customer service rep (nick). It normally takes them a couple days, but they're not generally fast. A few days later, I had a new functional adjustable thermometer. Those things aren't cheap, but it was no hassle on my end. It just sucks that I can't fix this other one.

Thanks I sent him a message just in case.

Back