Calling all Gamer Nerds: Favorite Video Game?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been having a hard time putting Ace Combat 7 down I just find unlocking and upgrading my planes addicting not to mention the missions are pretty damn fun, I love the SoulsBorne series and have crushed them all several times including Sekiro, back in the day I could not get enough Final Fantasy or Warcraft 2 in to satisfy myself god knows how many hours I have into those games. I am very much looking forward to Elden Ring being released this year.

Favorites
PC : Warcraft 2
NES - The Legend of Zelda
SNES - Super Metroid
Sega Genesis - Taz-Mania
Sega Saturn - - Dragonforce (Video Game Crack!!!)
Sega Dreamcast - Bust a move
PS1 - Final Fantasy 7
N64 - Super Mario 64 / Ocarina of Time (impossible choice)
Xbox - Fable
PS2 - Resident Evil 4
PS3 - Dark Souls
PS4 - Bloodborne

My top 5, I think will the following games:
1.World of Warcraft
2.The Witcher
3.Dota
4.Call of Duty
5.The last of us.
These are the games which I like the most, but World of Warcraft will be my number one, because even if I summarize all the play time of all the games that I played, they can't compare with WoW. I enjoy playing it with all the people from my guild, especially when we do wow dungeons together, and help other people to get their gear, who are not so experienced as we are.

In no particular order, some of my favorite games/games I can play over and over again without getting tired of them:

Link to the Past
Breath of the Wild
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask (big Zelda fan)
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Mario Kart 8
Earthbound
Borderlands
Metroid Prime
Halo (first one)
Batman Arkham City

I see breath of the wild on a lot of lists. Any of you switch users tried Fenyx Rising? It’s extremely similar to BotW (and assassins creed) and is crazy fun. Switch tends to lack some of those types of open world games, and Fenyx scratches that itch really well.

I have had breath of the wild for a long time and have not even touched it it may be time to fire up that Nintendo it's been years ...........................

League of Legends.

And for people complaining that it's a toxic community, they clearly haven't played in the early years. It was the wild west.

Also, for the classics,
Heroes of might and magic 3
Might and magic 6, 7 and 9
Final Fantasy obviously. 3,6,7 and 9
Wolfenstein Enemy Territory

League of Legends.

And for people complaining that it's a toxic community, they clearly haven't played in the early years. It was the wild west.

Also, for the classics,
Heroes of might and magic 3
Might and magic 6, 7 and 9
Final Fantasy obviously. 3,6,7 and 9
Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Not a fan of FF10?
I thought it was right there with 7 and 3 (6) and better than 9

Not a fan of FF10?
I thought it was right there with 7 and 3 (6) and better than 9
I stopped after 9, sadly. I just bought the 13 but haven't played yet. I don't feel I have the energy to such a huge game anymore. Getting old I guess. Will definitely put the 10 in my wishlist and grab it when on sale tho, if it's that good.

I also tried the MMO, but I can't stand MMOs anymore. Go there, do this, walk there, do that, kill ten of these for no reason, grind some more, rinse and repeat. Feels more like a chore than anything else.

I stopped after 9, sadly. I just bought the 13 but haven't played yet. I don't feel I have the energy to such a huge game anymore. Getting old I guess. Will definitely put the 10 in my wishlist and grab it when on sale tho, if it's that good.

I also tried the MMO, but I can't stand MMOs anymore. Go there, do this, walk there, do that, kill ten of these for no reason, grind some more, rinse and repeat. Feels more like a chore than anything else.

If you get a chance try FF10 I think you will like it and it finally brought voice acting to the series

I totally 100% hear ya on the lack of time/energy for those massive games I think that is why I keep picking up Ace Combat it's just much faster paced and a lot less tedious with short missions

Original Doom and Wolfenstein 3D. Spent many an hour running along walls mashing the spacebar to find secret rooms.

Since a spammer came through and resurrected this thread... (Edit, that post is now deleted)

Gaming consoles I have owned or had so much access to I might as well have:
NES
Game Boy
Wii
3DS

I enjoyed Super Mario Bros 2&3 a lot. I think I was on the older side of the target demographic for Gen1&2 Pokemon games when they came out, but I enjoyed them. My wife, who doesn't really game, got me into Zelda when we got the Wii, and I played Twilight Princess. She once said that she borrowed a DS from someone while on a school trip and enjoyed it a bunch, so I got her a 3DS after our oldest was born thinking that she might play on that during maternity leave, and she almost never used it. I played Ocarina of Time and Link Between Worlds on it, as well as Shovel Knight, which is a fantastic game for retro game lovers.

We're planning on getting the next gen Nintendo console (Switch2 ?). Top of my list for those games are BotW and TotK. I guess Zelda has supplanted Mario as my favorite Nintendo franchise.

I've also enjoyed some PC games like Oregon Trail, Carmen Sandiego, SimCity 2000, SimCity 4, Mavis Beacon, Nethack, Age of Empires 2, The Battle for Wesnoth, FreeCol, 0 A.D., and Minecraft.

Last edited:
NES - The Legend of Zelda
SNES - Super Metroid
PS1 - Final Fantasy 7
N64 - Super Mario 64 / Ocarina of Time (impossible choice)
PS2 - Resident Evil 4
PS3 - Dark Souls
PS4 - Bloodborne

We have very similar taste! Here are other honorable mentions...

PC - World of Warcraft (was waaaaay too addicted to this when in college)
NES - Super Mario Bros 3
SNES - Mario Kart (spend countless hours playing this with friends)
PS1 - Castlevannia: Symphony of the Night
N64 - Goldeneye 007
PS2 - Final Fantasy X
PS3 - Persona 5 (played on PS5 for the first time recently, AMAZING)
PS4 - Darksouls 3 (don't think I platinumed this one yet but I did for Bloodborne)
PS5 - Elden Ring

Havent consoled gamed in years, I'm now strictly a mobile gamer, but here it goes

In no particular order and always XBOX
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Left for Dead 1 & 2
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Bioshock 1 & 2

For mobile games
Clash Royale
Royal Match
Monument Valley 1 & 2
Tiny Thief

Also have found a new board game site that is pretty legit Board Game Arena

Ultima Online - 2001 to present
Bards Tale - was my first, had to use graph paper & colored pencils to map the city and dungeons

Latest posts

Back