Calling all Gamer Nerds: Favorite Video Game?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeirdoWines

Reaction score
Let's just get right down to business...what's your top three video games of all time? What are you currently playing?

i played battlefield: bad compeny when it was new....picked up deponia off GoG a while ago, it's a funny adventure game....and there's nothing like firing up the projector and getting the wheel out to play dirt 3 too...

i played battlefield: bad compeny when it was new....picked up deponia off GoG a while ago, it's a funny adventure game....and there's nothing like firing up the projector and getting the wheel out to play dirt 3 too...
I used to love the Battlefield series! I played the bejesus out of 3 but kind of fell off after that. I'm currently playing Stellaris on Xbox One.

i only have a GTX 660 right now....so no hard core stuff, and i've always been a PC gamer, no consoles for me. oh, i forgot to mention, my favorite genere is RTS love the strategy games, Starcraft, AoE2, Warhammer...great stuff...and my favorite game of all time would be Warzone 2100..i liked deisgning my hover siege equipemnt and pounding enemy bases with it!

That's cool! I would love to build a PC and get into gaming on one but I just know I'd get obsessed and sink tons on money into it 🤷‍♂️🤣 I love RTS games as well. First strategy game I remember playing was Age of Empires

Age of Empires was a good one, but playing the computer was a let down most of the time...if you didn't set it to hardest, and play 1 vs 7 they'd just give up...lol

making up excuses like their houses wern't facing the right direction... ;)

i only have a GTX 660 right now....so no hard core stuff, and i've always been a PC gamer, no consoles for me. oh, i forgot to mention, my favorite genere is RTS love the strategy games, Starcraft, AoE2, Warhammer...great stuff...and my favorite game of all time would be Warzone 2100..i liked deisgning my hover siege equipemnt and pounding enemy bases with it!
Age of Empires was a good one, but playing the computer was a let down most of the time...if you didn't set it to hardest, and play 1 vs 7 they'd just give up...lol

making up excuses like their houses wern't facing the right direction... ;)
Do you play or enjoy Mortal Kombat at all? Or any fighting games?

Screenshot_20210130-203053_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I'm only slightly embarrassed to write this, but....EverQuest has had my heart and soul for 21 years. Ugh...to play ONE video game for that long!

Yeah, try on Final Fantasy Tactics. Top game for me there. If I had to pick two more... any iteration of Football Manager and the Dragon Warrior series.

i liked at least i think in 3, siegfried...but nightmare before in 2....buddy liked cervantes, who's your favorite?

lol (please don't say voldo! ;))

Li Long!! Only because he (at least in his shaved head sub) is my video game doppelgänger and I’ve got some decent nunchaku skills if I say so myself.

Yeah, try on Final Fantasy Tactics. Top game for me there. If I had to pick two more... any iteration of Football Manager and the Dragon Warrior series.

FFT!!! One of my favorites as well!!

When my sons were young we used to have family Doom frag-fests. It was a total blast, no pun intended. Then I built a workstation for my business work, with three 26" monitors, and the total immersion led to intense vertigo. Could not get much more than 20 minutes into a game before being overwhelmed.0

I still can't play any RPG games on this system due to nausea. About the most I can handle is a flight simulator where the pace and effects are intrinsically much less busy....

Cheers!

Been playing RUST on pc through my Steam account quite a bit, even though I royally suck at it, lacking the superhuman keyboard and mouse reflexes others seem to be naturally gifted with. It's one of those sort of PvP survival games where the other players are such immature, toxic a$$holes, it'll make you want to rage quit 10 times over.

Attachments

• rust-rusty_7.jpg
    rust-rusty_7.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 14
  • Rust Trapping.jpg
    Rust Trapping.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 15
I used ro play a lot at nhl on super nintendo, starcraft stole many hours of sleep. Sim city hoo boy more sleeping hours lost there.
Splinter cell and battlefield...
I got an Oculus quest and i am playing Onward game. It's great and in 3d but this time i am able to keep my hours of sleep 😅😅

Of all times...FF7, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Mario World
Playing right now...Rocket League, Helldivers, a little of Streets of Rogue and a little Don't Starve Together
Streets of Rogue looks good! Carrion was a really great game. Do you have gamepass? I'm only asking because those titles are available on there.

I'm a console boy and controller gang to boot...never really got into the PC end of things.

I'm big on Madden, The Show and Fifa...franchise mode for Madden has always been my go to...love the aspect of creating teams and finding the right pieces to put together.

Currently rebuilding my beloved Giants and doing pretty well. I also dabble in my Fortnite and COD with the fraternity brothers when I'm not busy trying to wrangle three kids, doing grad school work or grading middle school social studies h.w.

My top 3
1. Madden franchise
2. God of War series
3 starcraft

I don't have time for games now with two young ones. I've decided that brewing will take up any available time I have. Perhaps when the kids are older I'll get back into it.

Ninja gaiden black (xbox)
Diablo (pc)
And zelda series on wii and Switch. Currently working through BOTW.
honorable mention for games such as Myst. (Lighthouse was a personal fav in the genre)
Then again, I wasted far to much time on the ncaa football franchise too.

I don't think I have an all time favourite, but I love Half Life 2, Ori and the Blind Forest and The Witcher 3 with its DLCs. I am currently re-playing The Witcher 3, and I would replay any of these, anytime.

I tend to like obligate stealth games. I loved the Splinter Cell and Thief series. Assassins Creed too, though that's been more hit and miss. I gave Hitman a go and it wasn't as good. I never got into Metal Gear but I've been told I should.

I like my shooters to a limited extent though I'm not as good at them, but less so on spray and pray, more tactically based. More Ghost Recon, less Halo. I used to be pretty good with Counter Strike back in the day.

And I love my RPGs as well. Fallout 3 and 4, Morrowind, and Skyrim have gotten massive amounts of play time out of me. Diablo II did as well.

I enjoyed RTS games back in the day as well (Warcraft II and Command and Conquer but I played a little Starcraft as well) but I primarily play on console these days and I've never encountered a decent RTS game in console format.

I picked up Ghost Recon Breakpoint for Xbox on super sale a week ago, and while I see the validity in the terrible reviews, for a few bucks instead of full price it's not THAT bad. Especially since I've been strictly using the "immersive mode" and avoiding the annoying gear score system that tried to shove RPG where it doesn't fit.

Before that it's been The Division 1 which I picked up free and played till I got bored with it (again with the gear scoring...). Assassin's Creed Black Flag before that.

Streets of Rogue looks good! Carrion was a really great game. Do you have gamepass? I'm only asking because those titles are available on there.

No I'm on PC using Steam. Though I do have a Xbox One but mostly for Blu-Ray. I was always a console guy until they started charging to play games online. That's when I switched to PC and never looked back. The only consoles I play now are the old ones (NES and SNES mostly).

No I'm on PC using Steam. Though I do have a Xbox One but mostly for Blu-Ray. I was always a console guy until they started charging to play games online. That's when I switched to PC and never looked back. The only consoles I play now are the old ones (NES and SNES mostly).
Yeah I'm there mentally, as in my wits end, with xbox and them charging to play online. Old consoles I own are SNES and the NES mini that came out some years ago. I loved 64 when I was growing up and would love to get my paws on one.

Not the best games of all time but warzone and destiny are my go tos currently
Destiny was good and still is very addictive. The dev's kind of lost me with some decisions but still all in all great game.

I tend to like obligate stealth games. I loved the Splinter Cell and Thief series. Assassins Creed too, though that's been more hit and miss. I gave Hitman a go and it wasn't as good. I never got into Metal Gear but I've been told I should.

I like my shooters to a limited extent though I'm not as good at them, but less so on spray and pray, more tactically based. More Ghost Recon, less Halo. I used to be pretty good with Counter Strike back in the day.

And I love my RPGs as well. Fallout 3 and 4, Morrowind, and Skyrim have gotten massive amounts of play time out of me. Diablo II did as well.

I enjoyed RTS games back in the day as well (Warcraft II and Command and Conquer but I played a little Starcraft as well) but I primarily play on console these days and I've never encountered a decent RTS game in console format.
Skyrim has stolen hundreds and hundreds of hours of my life! Lol
Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4 also!
Diablo 2 and 3 are great games as well and 2 took over my early gaming life.

Back