Call it blasphemy, but....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leftyguitarjoe

Reaction score
I tried Old Rasputin for the first time today, and I was not impressed. It tasted like the malts were burnt too much. I did appretiate the full body of the beer, but it just wasnt my fancy.

But, I did try Southern Tier's Choklat. WOW!! It was like biting into a chocolate bar!!! I loved it!

Yeah, you're in the beer doghouse now. If Rasputin doesn't smite you from the grave then the Beer Gods surely will!!!!!

Seriously, it's a HUGE beer and an acquired taste. Just keep revisiting those kinds of roasted big as Imperial Stouts and eventually you'll see the genius of the Old Rasputin! :mug:

Yeah, you're in the beer doghouse now. If Rasputin doesn't smite you from the grave then the Beer Gods surely will!!!!!

Seriously, it's a HUGE beer and an acquired taste. Just keep revisiting those kinds of roasted big as Imperial Stouts and eventually you'll see the genius of the Old Rasputin! :mug:

Thats what I figured. I didnt drink IPA's 2 months ago, now I love them haha.

Back