Buying a march pump... couple questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crypt0

Reaction score
So I'm looking at buying a march pump from austin homebrew and have a couple questions. I'm going with the 809 HS model with the 6 ft power cord (at some point I'll mount it to something and add a switch I'm sure.

Austin recommends buying these 1/2" polypropylene NPT couplings to avoid damaging the head of the unit, something about using metal fittings directly damaging the threads. Does anyone do this?

I am using camlock fittings, so I was going to get the appropriate male fittings. The other thing I've seen a lot of people do is add a ball valve on the "out" end of the pump. Is this recommended?

Thanks!

I have stainless steel couplings on my pump head. I haven't noticed any damage yet while cleaning it out. Just don't over-tighten it.

oh one more thing - I'm assuming they're both 1/2" NPT threading on both ends?

On your pump inlet, make sure you use the threads on the outside of the inlet...not the inside. I cracked 2 housing's doing it the dumb way (trying to thread it on the inside) before finally wising up.

Back