Building a Stir Plate and I have a question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this note on the Amazon page would make it unsuitable for controlling a computer fan's speed:

Notes: This controller is not suitable for brushless DC fan. It can not control the speed of brushed fan effectly.
If you need to detect the output voltage changes, please connect the load. It can not be detected the changes of output voltage if do not connect the load.

Some modern computer cases have a fan speed controller, not sure what they use, but maybe something to look into. You can probably buy one by itself.

I think this note on the Amazon page would make it unsuitable for controlling a computer fan's speed:

Notes: This controller is not suitable for brushless DC fan. It can not control the speed of brushed fan effectly.
If you need to detect the output voltage changes, please connect the load. It can not be detected the changes of output voltage if do not connect the load.

Some modern computer cases have a fan speed controller, not sure what they use, but maybe something to look into. You can probably buy one by itself.

Thanks. I didn't see that when I read the description. But after reading the reviews, I'm not going to get that one. Too many people having issues with it.

Back