Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ed,

I sent you an email requesting modification of an order I put in last night. I ordered 9 lbs of Vienna and I would like it changed to 7 pounds 2-row and 2 pounds Vienna. If it's not shipped yet, could you take care of that? Thanks!

Hey Ed,

I sent you an email requesting modification of an order I put in last night. I ordered 9 lbs of Vienna and I would like it changed to 7 pounds 2-row and 2 pounds Vienna. If it's not shipped yet, could you take care of that? Thanks!

I think I have it fixed up for you. You can check it on your order history to see if it is correct.

Thanks,

Ed

Ed,
I'm just curious if there is anyway I can use my bank account or even my paypal buyers credit to buy my order. At the moment I do not have a credit card or debit card.

Hi,

I just got around to brewing the pale ale kit I ordered a few weeks ago. As I went through the ingredients I noticed a discrepancy with the chinook aa%. The website and invoice listed 11.5% aa, but the sticker on the packet listed 13.6% aa. I really don't mind(hoppier beer = win), though I'm curious why the difference.

Hi,

I just got around to brewing the pale ale kit I ordered a few weeks ago. As I went through the ingredients I noticed a discrepancy with the chinook aa%. The website and invoice listed 11.5% aa, but the sticker on the packet listed 13.6% aa. I really don't mind(hoppier beer = win), though I'm curious why the difference.

The alpha changes depending on supply and sometimes the website is not updated as quickly as the labels on your hops are to reflect this. I think this is why a lot of online homebrew shops don't specify an aa% on their hops as they would have to change it relatively often. I'm pretty impressed that Ed's are usually spot on as he carries so many varieties of hops :p

Ed,
I'm just curious if there is anyway I can use my bank account or even my paypal buyers credit to buy my order. At the moment I do not have a credit card or debit card.

I am sure that we can work something out, just give us a call and we will get you taken care of.

Thanks,

Ed

The alpha changes depending on supply and sometimes the website is not updated as quickly as the labels on your hops are to reflect this. I think this is why a lot of online homebrew shops don't specify an aa% on their hops as they would have to change it relatively often. I'm pretty impressed that Ed's are usually spot on as he carries so many varieties of hops :p

Exactly what Niko said. Just about every time we open a new package of hops the alpha changes. We try are best to keep them as up to date as possible.

Thanks,

Ed

I told a few of the members of Chicken City Ale Raisers (homebrew club in the Cumming area) and a few are going to be checking into you over the next few days. Hope it brings some great business your way. You can probably look into reaching out to Randy Smith or some of the other lead members to try to get it passed down to the rest of the club more formally if you would prefer.

They are a great group of guys.

Ed -

You don't carry poppets for kegs, do you? I need to get some, but that's all I really need from CHI, so shipping kind of kills it.

Ed -

You don't carry poppets for kegs, do you? I need to get some, but that's all I really need from CHI, so shipping kind of kills it.

What poppets do you need. I have a few around the store that are not on the website, so I may be able to hook you up.

Shoot me an email with a picture and description if you can.

Thanks,

Ed

Will do. I need to transfer the beer out of that keg tonight and then I'll break it down. Although I pressure-tested it before filling, it started to squirt sweet nectar out of the gas in when I pulled the QD off.

Ordered ingredients for 2 batches from you guys, and soon to be a 3rd. The Brew Builder is awesome for people who don't have the ability to store bulk grain, etc. I love that you do precise amounts of extract. I will be a long time customer.

I'm in the market for a 12" false bottom for my rubbermaid cooler, but the description doesn't mention whether or not it's domed or flat. What's the word?

Thanks

Question: I purchased a recipe back in March. Contains LME, grains and hops. Due to some timing issues and oversight on my part, it has yet to be brewed. If I open up the LME (has been refrigerated since receipt) and everything looks kosher, is it alright to brew still? Could anybody think of anything wrong with brewing with the LME? :confused:

Question: I purchased a recipe back in March. Contains LME, grains and hops. Due to some timing issues and oversight on my part, it has yet to be brewed. If I open up the LME (has been refrigerated since receipt) and everything looks kosher, is it alright to brew still? Could anybody think of anything wrong with brewing with the LME? :confused:

It'll be just fine.

I found a tub of LME that had been in the back of a cabinet for 5 years, unrefrigerated.

It was covered with a layer of mold.

I scooped the mold off and dumped it into a boil. Worked fine. This was a couple of years ago... I wouldn't do this today (in fact, that was the last time I used LME).

took about 3 times longer than normal but it seems as if it all went through! love ordering from you guys...if only I had developed this love of homebrewing while I still lived in ATL...itd be even easier!

Hey ed, how long do items in a BM cart persist. I like to add to the cart slowly, over a month or two, and then pulll the trigger when the list gets long enough. My cart keeps emptying. Thanks.

I had the same issue... I was told it had something to do with my computer storing the info. then clearing it out after a certain amount of time. I could never figure out what it exactly meant...or where to go to change it etc.

I like to do the same thing, PP! Add a recipe or two or three over a month or so... as well as other items I am looking for.

I had the same issue... I was told it had something to do with my computer storing the info. then clearing it out after a certain amount of time. I could never figure out what it exactly meant...or where to go to change it etc.

I like to do the same thing, PP! Add a recipe or two or three over a month or so... as well as other items I am looking for.

I changed browsers a while back, but I don't think this is why my cart got cleared. I just loaded the old browser and the cart is empty. Maybe when I update my new browser to the new version my cookies get cleared.

When you visit Eds site, your browser exchanges a unique ID number with his site. This is a "cookie". When you go back, your browser will present this cookie to the site, the site will know it is you, and you will see your cart.

My browser (Chrome) has an option to disable all cookies, and also to clear any cookies when the browser is closed. I do not have these checked.

[edit] no, updating browser does not dump cookies. Probably I hit the "Clear Browsing Data..." button at some time.

took about 3 times longer than normal but it seems as if it all went through! love ordering from you guys...if only I had developed this love of homebrewing while I still lived in ATL...itd be even easier!

I know the site was running slowly the last couple of days as the hosting company had some issues. All is fixed and the website is running normal again.

Thanks,

Ed

Ed,

Whatever issues the site have that are out of your control you guys MORE than make up for with such great customer service and fast shipping!

Can anyone help me fix this? I use Windows 7 and Chrome. I would appreciate it! My cart keeps clearing.

I changed browsers a while back, but I don't think this is why my cart got cleared. I just loaded the old browser and the cart is empty. Maybe when I update my new browser to the new version my cookies get cleared.

When you visit Eds site, your browser exchanges a unique ID number with his site. This is a "cookie". When you go back, your browser will present this cookie to the site, the site will know it is you, and you will see your cart.

My browser (Chrome) has an option to disable all cookies, and also to clear any cookies when the browser is closed. I do not have these checked.

[edit] no, updating browser does not dump cookies. Probably I hit the "Clear Browsing Data..." button at some time.

Ed,

Will an August code be coming out today or will the July one still work? I have my recipe all built and need to get it ordered for a competition.

Let me know - thanks!

-Bob

also - maybe im blind - but do you guys carry gradulated cylinders (great for sampling the OG/FG of beer) or something else you could recommend (mine just broke...womp womp)

A suggestion for a prize: How about a free vial of yeast per month for a year?
Not so expensive and pretty much guarantees an order from them each month.

How about a Blichmann burner or a nice brew kettle for the August contest?

That is one interesting recipe you ordered. I hope you love a smoke beer, because the Briess Smoked Malt is no joke. Super intense and every time I open that bin I suddenly want to eat BBQ.

Ed

haha...good to know! it's my first time using it but I'm doing an "Iron Brewer" competition that required the use of smoked malt, vanilla bean and centennial hops - so I'm doing a smoked vanilla hazelnut porter - hopefully it will all balance out and not be too much of any one thing but I guess we will see!

I had Sixpoint Signal over the weekend - it claimed to be smoked and you couldnt taste it at all so wanted to make sure the smokiness came through the sweetness from the vanilla/hazelnut

haha...good to know! it's my first time using it but I'm doing an "Iron Brewer" competition that required the use of smoked malt, vanilla bean and centennial hops - so I'm doing a smoked vanilla hazelnut porter - hopefully it will all balance out and not be too much of any one thing but I guess we will see!

I had Sixpoint Signal over the weekend - it claimed to be smoked and you couldnt taste it at all so wanted to make sure the smokiness came through the sweetness from the vanilla/hazelnut

No one will accuse your beer of not being smoked. It sounds like it will be a very good and interesting beer. Good luck with the comp.

Ed

Back