Brewing Stand...well at least it could be

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illinibrew04

Reaction score
Hello to all you brewery design/building geniuses out there. I recently acquired a free stand made of steel from someone who used to use it to move tools around his shop. It is rusted, and I already have gotten a quote to get it media blasted. The real issue is how I should setup my system on this stand. Right now, here's what I have:
3 kegs
direct fire mash tun
pump
lots of silicone tubing
quick disconnects
2 bayou classic sq14's (am willing to get another burner, part these out for the burners, or get another and modify the whole stand)

How should I best modify this stand for brewing? Pull out shelf for boil on bottom? cut out middle section and put one keg below the top tier? I have a friend who welds that will do all the work so dream big!! Thanks for the help as usual.

Here's the link: http://photobucket.com/brewingstand

BrewingStand001-1.jpg

BrewingStand002.jpg

......no click....

It depends on if you like the compact design, if you don't mind having the HLT up high, but I would not put a BK or MLT with anything above it. It's a PITA to access. If you're using a pump, though, a HLT would be fine, as you rarely have to do anything to it. Mine is up in the air and all I do is fill and drain it, through the ball valve.
A slide out would be cool for keeping it compact for storage.
It looks like a sturdy stand for what you're doing.

Hey guys,
Thanks for the replies:

It's 48.75" long
25" wide
and the top shelf is 42" high

I'm thinking maybe cutting the sheet metal off the tops and running square tube across to hold the kegs/mount burners underneath. It's just a tad too small to make a single tier I think. What do you think about this...HLT on top, MLT off to the side, cutting the shelf out from beneath the HLT to put the BK underneath it? Any other ideas...oh and btw, it is very sturdy. I'm pretty sure you could put about 5 or 6 200lb. people on it without even one creaking noise.

Back