Brewery Wants My Twitter Handle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome they sent you so much beer, and the glasses are sweet!

Thanks for posting the book pages. I learned a lot! Probably not a type of beer I'd drink often but the food pairings sound amazing.

That's awesome they sent you so much beer, and the glasses are sweet!

Thanks for posting the book pages. I learned a lot! Probably not a type of beer I'd drink often but the food pairings sound amazing.

You're welcome!

Their website has some recipes, but they seem like hearty country-style of fare. Not gourmet, but probably pretty tasty after a Rauchbier buzz. I'd try it.... Starting with the Bamberg Onion. I think I've had a knuckle or pork shank cooked like this. I think typical BBQ or Tex-Mex or Mexican would go great with this beer style. Anything grilled. As you know Garret Oliver likes this with Chinese and Thai that been grilled or stir fried in very hot seasoned wok.

Whenever I drink this stuff, I chuckle about my own smoke burps. The belch is smokey! :D

The website, recipes; https://www.schlenkerla.de/schlenkerla/karte/rezeptee.html

That was great news, Schenkerla!

My wife and I are going to Europe in June, and will be spending the first 3 nights in Bamberg. Can’t wait to visit the breweries.

The smoked maerzen beer that I made turned out quite well but needs more body. Will run a few degrees warmer mash temperature next time. And will make more in a few months.

I just got an email after passedpawn’s post today, and don’t remember getting anything last fall. So your news of last September was new to me today.

Their website has some recipes, but they seem like hearty country-style of fare. Not gourmet, but probably pretty tasty after a Rauchbier buzz. I'd try it.... Starting with the Bamberg Onion. I think I've had a knuckle or pork shank cooked like this. I think typical BBQ or Tex-Mex or Mexican would go great with this beer style. Anything grilled. As you know Garret Oliver likes this with Chinese and Thai that been grilled or stir fried in very hot seasoned wok.

The website, recipes; https://www.schlenkerla.de/schlenkerla/karte/rezeptee.html

I visited the brewery close to ten years ago now when I lived in Germany. I had that Bamberger onion and it is fantastic! it's like a stuffed pepper but instead it's a stuffed onion, served on a bed of mashed potatoes with a smoked beer sauce ladelled all over it. Ugh I can taste it now, so good! I made it a few times using that recipe on the website when i still lived in germany and could easily get the beer. maybe I should make another rauchbeer this fall, solely so I can make bamberger onions. :)

I visited the brewery close to ten years ago now when I lived in Germany. I had that Bamberger onion and it is fantastic! it's like a stuffed pepper but instead it's a stuffed onion, served on a bed of mashed potatoes with a smoked beer sauce ladelled all over it. Ugh I can taste it now, so good! I made it a few times using that recipe on the website when i still lived in germany and could easily get the beer. maybe I should make another rauchbeer this fall, solely so I can make bamberger onions. :)

Sounds delicious.

I started a thread for Schlenkerla rauchbier last fall with DIY smoking, roasting and toasting of malts.

Check it out: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/637254/

Latest posts

Back