What is your home brewery's name?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No name, and I do not name my beers either. I do make paper labels using InDesign but they just say what kind of beer and brew info like “Porter / Brew No. 74 / November 25, 2022.” Oh, and I only bottle, kegging and maintaining everything is too big of a pain in the ass considering I drink it all and almost never more than one per evening. I have some inventory I have been cellaring for three years (and one bottle of stout for 21 years — had two and opened one on its 50th anniversary, brewed the night my oldest son was born. It was,terrible.

My home brewery is named after Saint Winfrid Boniface, who is one of the patron saints of brewers. Winfrid came as a missionary from England to Germany. I mostly brew English style ales, which are by far and large not very popular here in Germany, so a lot of missionary work has to be done. Therefore the name.
I also decided to use Anglo Saxon to give the whole thing a more "epic" look and feel. Behold:

S. Wynfrith Breawern (S. Winfrid's Brewery)
Fr_Marc, it appears that you, @RevA, and I are holding down the traditional role of the clergy in brewing. For my brewery name, though, I lean toward my hobby of being a sailor.

Topsail Handcrafted Logo.png

Remolding my basement, my wife I insisted I add a brew room! The pics are my brew room door, not installed yet and my logo on beer glasses! Our lives include adventures from backpacking to travel from western mountains to other countrys, hence, the brew room is our next adventure!!

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 0
My surname is Doyle so for several years I joked my home brewery was O’Doyle. Then a friend bought a system and he rebranded us as Two Docs Brewery. I don’t discuss this often but we both have doctorate degrees. Neither of us refer to ourselves as Doctors. We have a cool label of us we put on a few bottles from a selfie we took at Founder’s winter brew fest in 2021. My brew partner has the gray beard and I’m the big guy in the middle.

Attachments

• IMG_6090.jpeg
    IMG_6090.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Yellow Capes are not just for super heroes. I don’t typically put Yellow Cape Brewing on my beer labels and the house wouldn’t fit on a crown cap. Needed to rebuild after Sandy, and this new house built on the original footprint and keeping with the style, afforded me the space to start brewing. Looks nice on mead and wine labels.
IMG_1683.jpeg

IMG_1681.jpeg
IMG_1682.jpeg

Last edited:
My youngest daughter had a very large stuffed dog when she was a toddler which she loved more than any of her other toys. She named it Big Dog and kept it into her early teens. Finally, during a room cleanout she decided she was done with Big Dog and put it in a trash bag with a bunch of other items she had outgrown. As I took the bag out to the garbage can, I fished out Big Dog and stored him in the garage because I didn't have the heart to part with him. Too many memories of my little girl connected to him. I was brewing extract beer at the time, but about a year later I switched to all grain BIAB. Looking for ways to insulate my kettle, I found 2 old comforters did a pretty good job on their own, but knowing heat rises I wanted a bit more insulation over the lid. And there was Big Dog sitting on the self in my garage. Soon as I plopped Big Dog on the kettle, I was happy that I had what I needed. Temperature holds great as I only lose about 1 degree in a 60 minute mash. I had to show my girls the new life for Big Dog and they loved it. Soon they started calling my home brewery Big Dog Brewing and so it is today. Still use Big Dog on every brew day too. Okay sob sob, sniff sniff. Time for another homebrew. LOL

WILDBILL BREWING..... I'm retired Law Enforcement and my legal first name is "William" but I go by my middle name. When I worked in Undercover, I had to make a fake persona and had Driver's License and credit cards in the name of William ****** and went by "Bill" or "Wildbill" so once I started brewing the name came naturally!!!

"Ptolemy Tyler's Quarry House Atto-Brewery"

One of my very early brews was an attempt at Timothy Taylors Landlord - which spawned "Ptolemy Tyler's Innkeeper" There used to be a "Quarry House" (and a quarry) opposite where I live. Finally it's (possibly) an atto-brewery, like a micro-brewery only much much (much) smaller...

WILDBILL BREWING..... I'm retired Law Enforcement and my legal first name is "William" but I go by my middle name. When I worked in Undercover, I had to make a fake persona and had Driver's License and credit cards in the name of William ****** and went by "Bill" or "Wildbill" so once I started brewing the name came naturally!!!
Very cool! My old man was a narc back in the 70s. I forgot what his undercover name was, but I know the initials were FM, because he wrote it on the labels of his LPs from his "pad" that he handed down to me when I was a teen. Dark Side of the Moon, The White Album, some George Carlin... great stuff.

"Ptolemy Tyler's Quarry House Atto-Brewery"

One of my very early brews was an attempt at Timothy Taylors Landlord - which spawned "Ptolemy Tyler's Innkeeper" There used to be a "Quarry House" (and a quarry) opposite where I live. Finally it's (possibly) an atto-brewery, like a micro-brewery only much much (much) smaller...
1685013886716.png

Burnt Lava Brewing

Named after a large lava flow in northern California. I spent many days deer hunting there as a kid growing up with the family. As I became of adult age, I continued the family tradition of camping and hunting in the area. Seems like a catchy name, but that’s just me:cool:

The Brew Room at Big Lizard Industries.

Still working on the logo but the name comes from the picture below. Thats my dad and and his car in the early 50's (ish). The lizard was drawn by my Aunt. Still working on the rest of the logo but I've had a dxf of the lizard created and a 3' version of it in steel, It was cut out with a water jet and will go in the brew room.

Attachments

• The lizard.jpg
    The lizard.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 0
Very nice, name related to your work.

I'm a fundraiser. I beg for money.
Begger's Brewing? Nice alliteration. But fundraising is just a job for me, not a passion or calling.

My professional background is in radio management and production (I fundraise for public radio), so maybe something radio related... I like the old-timey art deco look of radio graphics from the thirties. I'm going to have to mull on that.

View attachment 820402

Imagine a taproom built in an old transmitter site...

View attachment 820403
View attachment 820404
This is great....what about Transmitter Brewing, OnAir Brewing or Transmission Brewing?

Don't force it.. It'll just come to you in a moment when you're doing or thinking something brewing-related, probably as an off-hand comment either in your own head or something someone says.
My nickname for about 20 years at work was 'Crow', mostly because limited smoking-area seating in the factory would see me perched on a railing (which was actually far more ergonomic and comfortble than the fast-food style seating) and I always wore black and my 18" of hair was usually black... After my injury, when a co-worker I hadn't seen since before it asked me what the hell happened to me, after telling him about it he said; "So you're a Broken Crow!"..and it stuck: BCB... 'Broken Crow Brews'...'Brews' and not 'brewery' because it refers to the equipment I 'brew up' as well as what I do with it.
Give it time and space, and something that feels or resonates personally to you will present itself.
:bigmug:
That right there is a genuine gem. Nicknames are great when they happen naturally like that.
If I may be so bold to say that the Bible has a lot of good inspiration too. I also like to hike and read the Bible, but rarely at the same time. My brew project is called, Narrow Road which comes from Matthew 7:13--14 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, which many enter through. However small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life; and only a few find it."
Now put that in your pipe and smoke it ;-)

Mine is called Scrap Iron Brewery. It was my nickname at work for 20+ years. It fits because it was put together with spare parts from wherever I found them for cheap. Junk yards, scrap dealers and friends. I was an Army Combat Engineer for 4 years and am good at piecing things together and blowing things up too.

Cadillac Jack Brewing. Started it many years ago when Cadillac Jack was my Navy pilot callsign. At that time I mountain biked more and after a mountain biking trip in Moab I adopted my bike-oPelli graphic (Kokopelli like, right).
I like the Kokopelli on the bike. Where does he keep his flute?

Back