Brewers best very apple cider kit.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErickJ

Reaction score
My brother talked me into trying a home brew, the owner of the company wouldn't let me leave his store without buying a kit, so I ended up buying a fast ferment beer kit. It's pretty nice. I had a little trouble getting the lid to seal correctly. The rubber gasket kept calling in. I fished it out with the spoon a day later, I did not sanitize the spoon before I stuck it in the bottom of the fermenter. I told the owner of the campany that I had to fish it out, he said "ohhhh man...", I asked him if in should throw it all out, he told me to wait and see. He said that I'll know if it's bad right away.

So, now I'm waiting it out. Purchased 24 22oz bottles and 24 12oz bottles. Conditioning sugar, and bottle caps.

Do you think I'm alright? I guess I rushed it.

Have any of you tried this? Is it a good taste cider?

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I would wait and see how it goes, not just dump it right away. It is possible there was nothing embedded on the spoon to mess up your batch. I have not used that cider kit before, but there are many here who have without complaint.

Thanks for the kind words. I will follow through with it, I just wish I had been more thorough with the sanitation, I totally spaced it, the owner told me to take sanitation very seriously.

Latest posts

Back