Brew Stand Build **PICS**

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peligro28

Reaction score
To start off I'm on a strict budget and don't have welding skills. I got this AV cart from work. It looked bigger until I got it home and put my keggles and cooler on it. I haven't AG brewed yet, I'm still piecing the equipment together. I'm thinking it's too cramped but maybe it could work. I haven't bought burners or a march pump yet either. Just wanting some feedback some you guys on my options with this AV cart what you would recommend (gravity, HERMS, RIMS) The height is perfect, it has wheels and casters. I don't want it to go to waste. You thoughts??

brew stand 1.jpg

brew stand 2.jpg

That looks like a perfect start. If it proves to be a bit small, you could easily enlarge the top by bolting a longer frame made of recycled bed frames to gain another 18 up top.

Maybe weld on an extra rack up top for a burner to finish the tier. Strike Water -->Mash-->Keggles ?? :eek:

Looks kinda tight for use with propane/nat gas burners, I think it would be just fine with electric. Does it feel like it will support the weight of the water and grains?

I am still a noob at AG with just one batch so far. I am also in the planning stages of building my first brew stand. However, here is my two cents...

I agree with "smakudwn" that it all looks too tight for burners. I would be concerned about the plastic on your cooler melting.

The other question I would have is how are you planning to transfer from your HLT to your MT and then to your boil pot? It doesn't look like you could use gravity with this stand.

I think if you have the ability to add on additional shelving to it you can fix the tightness problem. I do agree electric would be better than gas (now that I think about it) :mug:

Yeah i plan on using a march pump. I'm gonna widen the top with some angle iron.

Back