How Brewing Gave My Restaurant Amazing Cold Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppyhoppyhippo

Reaction score
I've not been brewing much lately. A few months ago I picked up an injury to my back so I haven't been brewing as much as I've been limiting my lifting to take it easy. So brewing is right out in my current setup. But I was musing about what brewing got me.

A few years ago the Restaurant my fiance's parents' restaurant I finally convinced them to buy a kegerator for draft beer and Nitro Cold Brew. Originally we were doing it as I read online or what our coffee roaster suggested and it was good. Like I'm not going to lie, it was perfectly respectable but there was still a little bit too much sediment for my liking and especially too much wasted time I had to be hands on.

After a few months of struggling I convinced the boss to let me try something new, it would be a hundredish dollar gambit. I bought an igloo cooler and an igloo Mash Conversion kit from Brewhardware.com. After a handful of trails and errors, I wound up with a consistent process where strain through a giant filter through a mesh strainer in a brewing bucket and then topping off with water. And I now am able to produce quality batches at a respectable volume that's free of sediment, bold and flavorful (it tastes like concentrate without actually being concentrate, I love it for that)

Share any fun similar stories if you want as well. If anyone wants my not really a recipe I'd be happy to share too.

Latest posts

Back