Brew-Boss Kettle Quality

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quaboagbrewing

Reaction score
I'm finally having my electric work done next week in the garage so I can start building my 20 Gallon E-BIAB setup. As part of this need to upgrade my existing kettle. I've been looking at the 20 Gallon Brew-Boss kettle as that is configured exactly how I want and at a good price. Just wondering about the quality of the kettle so was hoping to get some feedback from folks that already have one. I'm looking for something that's going to last and prefer to just purchase a kettle with the welds (especially for the element) already done (vs the DIY route). Have also looked at kettles from Stout, BrewersHardware, Spike but you are talking at least another $100 for those so the Brew-Boss seems like my best option assuming quality is good. Thanks.

I looked at these after I saw your post. I can't find what gauge the stainless is and the return fitting is weldless. Not that it makes the kettle bad in any way, but you compare it to all welded kettles with many more features. For instance the spike kettles are all welded with sigh glasses, the Brewers hardware are all tri clamp, etc.

My advice is get the best your budget will allow even if it means saving up for a few months. Nothing worse than saving a hundred and wishing you had bought something better a month after you get it.

One mans opinion anyway.

I just bought a brew boss (15 gallon) and have only brewed 2 batches so far. As far as I can tell everything is great quality.

I also have the 15 gallon system. Very happy with the quality. No rough welds or scratches like I've seen in some other systems.

Back