Brett in Secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steady-Hopper

Reaction score
I'm thinking of brewing up a low gravity belgian (~1.045) and dosing it with some Brett B. in secondary. How long would this need to ferment before bottling. I realise this sort of thing is scenario dependent and different for each batch, but how long can I assume? Are we talking like 2 weeks or 6 months?

I'm thinking of pitching 2 bottles of Orval dregs. I'm sure some of you guys have done something like this. Thanks so much!

I'm thinking of brewing up a low gravity belgian (~1.045) and dosing it with some Brett B. in secondary. How long would this need to ferment before bottling. I realise this sort of thing is scenario dependent and different for each batch, but how long can I assume? Are we talking like 2 weeks or 6 months?

I'm thinking of pitching 2 bottles of Orval dregs. I'm sure some of you guys have done something like this. Thanks so much!

I do it all the time. Orval dregs are great because they are fresh and work very well. I usually let the beer ferment out and then transfer to a carboy and add the dregs. Usually about 3-4 months and it is ready to bottle. I brew a lot of saisons and I rarely make one without brett any more.

I think you will like the results. Go for it.

Latest posts

Back