bought a bunch of beers today here is a pic of what i got

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Brewer's art.

Next time you're in Baltimore, stop by Max's in Fells.
They have over 200 beers on tap/bottles and a nice
sheet breaking down the style and %

Plus they have freezing cold metal discs in the bar to
rest your beer on so they stay cold!

Will do! We spent our lunch in Fells at Duda's, they had Resurrection there too!
We picked up most of the beers from the Wine Source. Not a bad bottle selection, and they gave us a moderate markdown when we bought by the case.

Yeah BA supplies beer to a lot of local places. I spent
a lot of money at BA and Max's.

I kind of miss Baltimore =(

yeah that was great having Big Eye, I agree with the 75 min assessment - had it in Rehobeth

I've tried the Bombardier, Fullers ESB and just the other day the Belhaven...not a real big fan of that..."flavor?" I don't know if it is the malt that's used, the yeast strains or the hops...or all together, but there is something about that taste...not a fan.

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade...just my .02

Please don't judge too harshly.

FYI I'm pretty sure these are Extra Special/Strong Bitters much like a Bass.

As for the OP, how'd you like the Wells Bombardier? I've had it draft but haven't seen in at the beer store.

Nice selections here. I must admit i'm ignorant to the dogfish label(for now) but i found the belhaven weak and watery for a scotch ale. Wont buy it again(any belhaven reps are welcome to send me some however).

got a little carried away at the beer store today..... after reading olllllo post
i was inspired to do a special post for yooper and olllllllo ....... here is a pic of the beers i bought, i havent tried the wells bombardier, the xingu black lager, or the black sheep, should be a good time though for sure....
Cheers!!!

Where in Nashville did you get this??

just an update.... i enjoyed the beers, and have come to the conclusion.... that the underlying thread in most of these British beers is the water... and i like the beers, but i would like them in different water if that makes sense..... i had thought for a long time to try some recipes changing the water profile to englands..... i do adore samual smiths beers, notably the oatmeal stout and of course the taddy porter.... but they are heavier beers, that maybe cover up the water profile more than the lighter ones.... so for now im down on the english beer water profiles... so will enjoy those styles with my own towns (nashville) water.... charcoal filtered of course.... Prost!!!

I spend 70 bucks yesterday on 14 beers at the store....

A lot of that is skewed by the Sam Adams Chocolate Bock, and some Boulevard Smokestack Series.....

But I should be drinking well for....3 days.

I hear Stone Ruination is awesome though..did not see it tonight but saw a few other Stone brews.
Awesome does not come close to describing Stone Ruination IPA. Absolutely hands down my favorite IPA. Ever.

The only problem is finding it. Very easy to find west - six packs a plenty. I can only find it in 22 oz bottles here in MD. I hear there's a bar nearby that has it on draft...

BYO published a clone recipe for Ruination, and I'm going to do it soon...

Back