Bottling day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like bottling day actually... there are tons of great tips on this thread https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/bottling-tips-homebrewer-94812/
I use the short bottling wand, bottling tree, and vinator... along with a comfy short rolling stool and it's easy as pie... :^) rinse bottles using starsan and vinator, put them on the tree, take one at a time and add beer, cap, and then put capped bottle in a milk crate for carbonation/storage. I never leave my seat...except to roll over to the fridge for a cold beer...

I like bottling day actually... there are tons of great tips on this thread https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/bottling-tips-homebrewer-94812/
I use the short bottling wand, bottling tree, and vinator... along with a comfy short rolling stool and it's easy as pie... :^) rinse bottles using starsan and vinator, put them on the tree, take one at a time and add beer, cap, and then put capped bottle in a milk crate for carbonation/storage. I never leave my seat...except to roll over to the fridge for a cold beer...

Without my rolling stool, bottling would be a two person job.

A good system makes all the difference! I used to hate bottling, but these days I enjoy it quite a bit.

I should have taken more pics. I barely moved. Washed & dried bottles in rolling drying rack, 5 gallon bucket of star San, straight to foil covered dining chair for filling, on to the table to cap.

Bottling is a pain but a bottle conditioned beer is a thing of beauty. Especially when you pour it and get exceptionally good head retention.

Today's craft beer from the shop are largely over saturated with anti foaming agents. I like the natural wonder of a beer that has a lemon meringue like pie head on it.

I don't mind bottling. I enjoy spending a few hours working with my beer stuff, plus my wife knows to leave me alone while I do it. She'll watch or talk to me, but she lets me just do my thing. Plus you know that once it's done you'll have a new beer to drink in a couple of weeks!

Bottled 5 gallons of Banana Bread last weekend. Will be doing small 1 gallon of Coconut Vanilla porter later tonight.

20150214_174733.jpg

20150214_175949.jpg

20150214_185856.jpg

I get champagne bottles free from a few places. I don't care that the glass is green. They hold more volumes of co2 and are far less likely to explode. If I get a bottle bomb from a champagne bottle I know it's time to quit brewing.

I did a two part bottling video on my youtube channel a couple years ago. But since I now have a bottling table & bench capper, I really need to do another one. But I will say this; my super agata bench capper, avinator on my bottle tree take up less space & keep things at arms reach. My wife or one of the boys helps when I need an extra hand here or there. But it's part of the brewing process in my estimation. One of the final steps as it were to getting that clear glass of beer with that creamy head on it. I like the taste of that foam on an IPA, as it kinda tastes like a citrus meringue pie or something to me.:tank:

Latest posts

Back