bottling a batch of Goat Scrotum Ale today.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trockhill

Reaction score
Has anyone drank the holiday porter recipe from the Charlie Papazian book? Goat Scrotum Ale? I just finished primary ferment and was thinking about secondary but figured it wouldn't improve it enough to waste the time. Trying to get it done by New Year. Anyway I used the juniper berries, chocolate, spruce, ginger, black strap, and brown sugar but I used an extra lb of dark extract vs the lb of corn sugar. Curious how this will turn out. Any ideas?

Hi TH, and welcome to to HBT. I read the Papazian book a long, long time ago and don't remember that recipe exactly. If it were me, I'd probably leave it in the primary fermenter for two or three weeks, bottle it (if its ready) next weekend and you should be drinking it by New Years. With all those spices and molasses, it might benefit from a little aging, though.

Cheers!

It was also known as Tumultuous Porter. I have had it in primary for 10 days. So you think I should leave it another 4 days at least? I was planning on room temp conditioning for 7 days and then cold conditioning for 14 days.

Latest posts

Back