Bottled Homebrew Shelf Life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dokken5

Reaction score
Once I have bottled all this fine beer that I have made, what kind of shelf life does it have being stored at say 75-82 degrees??

I had the same question too when I started brewing... and was told by my brew supply guy an easy 6 months plus depending on the style of beer.

Honestly though... I have to work REALLY hard to make those bottles last that long, especially if the batch tastes good!

I store my bottles in the same room I ferment in (about mid 60's during the winter) Your storage temps are a lot higher and if it were me I'd be concerned about those higher temps. I am a big fan of cellaring my beers after they carb up, and I want those temps to be colder than what I fermented at (about mid 60's during the winter). So what I do is once they are carbed up where I like them I move them into the fridge, if I can, or I move them back to the coolest area in my store room.
HTH

I had the same question too when I started brewing... and was told by my brew supply guy an easy 6 months plus depending on the style of beer.

Honestly though... I have to work REALLY hard to make those bottles last that long, especially if the batch tastes good!

I store my bottles in the same room I ferment in (about mid 60's during the winter) Your storage temps are a lot higher and if it were me I'd be concerned about those higher temps. I am a big fan of cellaring my beers after they carb up, and I want those temps to be colder than what I fermented at (about mid 60's during the winter). So what I do is once they are carbed up where I like them I move them into the fridge, if I can, or I move them back to the coolest area in my store room.
HTH

Yeah, I agree, but I live in Arizona. The coolest place that I have is the house and it runs at best 75 in the summer. I am also storing lots of beer. Too much for a fridge. I cant brew in the summer because being around boiling pots in my 130 degree garage takes the fun out of it fast. But I think you are right. If they can make it six months, I am good. They wont last that long. (And every batch tastes good. Just some better than others.) :rockin:

Latest posts

Back