bottle trees..??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester

Reaction score
Well i finally decided to buy a bottle tree since I've almost killed myself a few times balancing bottle upside down on my counter... they act like dominos when one falls... not fun..!!! I noticed that morebeer has a bottle tree thats half the price of everywhere else... is there a reason..?? does any one have this 80ct bottle tree thats only $22..?? Thanks in advance..

Jester

Jester said:
Well i finally decided to buy a bottle tree since I've almost killed myself a few times balancing bottle upside down on my counter... they act like dominos when one falls... not fun..!!! I noticed that morebeer has a bottle tree thats half the price of everywhere else... is there a reason..?? does any one have this 80ct bottle tree thats only $22..?? Thanks in advance..

Jester

Use your dishwasher. Already have one so it's free. Rinse em, Sanitize, stack em on the lower level, bottle on the open door, rinse the evidence away in a rinse cycle.
Rick

The dishwasher is a great idea, but if you have already ordered it, one piece of advice I would give you is to not attach all of the 'levels'. I mean they hold what, 80 you say, are you ever going to need 80 bottles? If not, I would definitely leave a few layers off and make the thing more manageable to work with.

I already ordered it... I have always been hesitant to use my dishwasher since its really old and parts of the racks have signs of rust... i'd feel safer using a bottle tree and its only $22... thanks for all the advice...

Jester

i got one a few months ago and it works out great if you have a beer when you are done just rinse and put up on the bottle tree for storage, and to dry. they are very handy and don't really take up all that much room.

I love mine. I have the 50 (?) bottle tree and its perfect.
My batches are usually 36 bottles, so I don't use one of the tree pieces and im gold.

It gets a bit hectic when sticking 36+ bottles on there, but it works out in the end.

I use one as well. Mine holds I think 54 bottles or something and my usual batch is 42-44 500ML bottles. As wop31 mentioned it's great for storing just rinsed bottles as well.

:mug: Poor me ,I just go to the local liquor store and get the empty cases with dividers. Put some nice clean paper towel in, after sanitizing put bottles in upside down,fill, cap andrefill same box. 22 oz. bottles fit great! FREE TOO!
:mug:

stpats.com has an 80 for $13. I ordered one and it's excellently made. Sorry I'm late (I see you ordered).

cubbies said:
The dishwasher is a great idea, but if you have already ordered it, one piece of advice I would give you is to not attach all of the 'levels'. I mean they hold what, 80 you say, are you ever going to need 80 bottles? If not, I would definitely leave a few layers off and make the thing more manageable to work with.

I just bottled 10 gallons of beer... That's over 100 bottles... 80 wouldn't have been enough for me. :p

Back