Bottle time/temps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvilDrFoetus

Reaction score
Long story short I ran my (hopefully) final pre-hopped kit the last few weeks (sat in primary for about 25 days, so much clearer than what I'm used to...) but wanted to practice bottling before moving to extract (got bits for a nice summer IPA on order).

It's been a crazy few days with coursework, grad school applications and being a full time carer for SWMBO and today was no different; A leaky bottling wand, cracked bucket, broken wine thief and swallowing a load of Starsan later (had to sterilise tubing in a hurry, don't ask :/ ) and I have nearly four dozen bottles filled and capped.

I reinforced the boxes they came in so they're compact and in the dark, but what sort of times and temperatures do I need to condition them? Gut tells me about two weeks in the warm (this is England so I use the term loosely) then chill for a day or two before cracking.

Granted it's prehopped so will probably taste rough anyway, but trying to prepare for when I handle real beer.

Yup. They'll be mostly carbonated in a week, but 2 weeks is safe. Toss one in the fridge after a week and see how it's coming along!

Back