Bottle Codes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonkota

Reaction score
Are there codes on glass bottles that sort of explain how much pressure they are rated for? I have some small Sanpellegrino bottles that are pretty small and look fun to use/give away. I dunno why, I can't explain it.

Anyway, is there a Da Vinci code for glass bottles?

sanpellegrino-lemon.jpg

I think the rule of thumb is that if the bottle was holding a carbonated liquid under pressure, its ok. I bet those would work great. I think some people bottle in the glass coke bottles too.

I like Ed's rule
As far as codes, any manufacturer is going to use their own specific coding for what info is n the bottle and in what order/method it's displayed. I work in the marking field and there a million ways to display the same information and no way to decode it unless you're the employee that determined what that coding is.

I like the green Buddha bottles. I'd love to get those for gifting homebrew to people. the beer that comes in them is not so desirable.

lucky+beer.jpg

Back