Blonde Ale Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegreatbrewnorth

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

New here and to the great art of brewing...I've just gotten into it but I'm hooked!

I started out with the brooklyn brewshop 1 gallon kits, but I've since expanded (not long after :p) my equipment and knowledge. This board has helped immensely.

I currently have the Brooklyn brew shop American Blonde Ale fermenting in primary (1 gallon glass carboy), and I was just wondering what temperature to ferment it at.

I'm limited with options, since I'm in a small condo (hence why the 1 gallon kits and all my equipment setup for 1-3 gallon brews). I do have a thermometer on the carboy that I use to monitor..I have a closet which reads around 71-72 f, and another corner close to the windows that reads approx 66 F.

I've read different things in regards to fermentation temps for ales, and since I can't pinpoint exactly the strain of yeast that came in the brooklyn brewhop, their instructions are vague at best (which is why i didn't use them).

What recommendations would you have for ferm temps? This is my first brew and I don't expect it to be perfect, but I'm OCD and a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to these things.

PS. My next brew is going to be a 3 gallon all grain stout...I've already gotten a hard cider going, as well as a mead!

Sit the jug in a container of water in the area that is 66°F and cover it with something to block out the light. Fermentation will increase temp quite a bit so the water will help to keep that in check.

Latest posts

Back