Blichmann Shortage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update for everyone out there, I received my three 20 gallon kettles yesterday via Fed Ex successfully. I had placed my order on March 23rd via Rebel Brewer. Sadly one of my kettles had a golf ball size dent on the base so I am working with Blichmann to get that resolved.

Happy Brewing all!

Matt

I ordered three 20 gallons BoilerMakers yesterday from Northern Brewer. We'll see how long it takes'em, but they said about 4 weeks.

Ordered a 10 gallon pot today.

I Was told they are in stock at Blichmann, but they are working thru shipping the backorders. They estimated a week or two.

I ordered 2-20 Gallon Boilermakers and 1- 30 Gallon, along with false bottom and hop blocker from Brewmasters Warehouse on 3-14-11 and have yet to receive my order. I have contacted BMW multiple times (Probably 20) and Blichmann. BMW never gave me an update about what is going on, unless I asked. I already have a job, it should not be my job to track my own order. Blichmann did tell me that they received my order on 5-12-11. So basically, BMW didn't send my order into Blichmann until two months after I ordered the items but they were quick to take my money out of my account within 2 days (3-16-11). I have never been so disappointed/frustrated. I know alot of people on this forum praise BMW on their service but in this case they Fail. I haven't brewed beer in 3 months because I thought I was going to receive my kettles two months ago, my fridge is empty. I have 3 all-grain kits that have been sitting in my basement for 2 months. I just want my stuff so I can move on with my life. Here's to brewing some time this year "Cheers" :mug:

I ordered 2-20 Gallon Boilermakers and 1- 30 Gallon, along with false bottom and hop blocker from Brewmasters Warehouse on 3-14-11 and have yet to receive my order. I have contacted BMW multiple times (Probably 20) and Blichmann. BMW never gave me an update about what is going on, unless I asked. I already have a job, it should not be my job to track my own order. Blichmann did tell me that they received my order on 5-12-11. So basically, BMW didn't send my order into Blichmann until two months after I ordered the items but they were quick to take my money out of my account within 2 days (3-16-11). I have never been so disappointed/frustrated. I know alot of people on this forum praise BMW on their service but in this case they Fail. I haven't brewed beer in 3 months because I thought I was going to receive my kettles two months ago, my fridge is empty. I have 3 all-grain kits that have been sitting in my basement for 2 months. I just want my stuff so I can move on with my life. Here's to brewing some time this year "Cheers" :mug:

That is crazy. Screw both of them. Cancel and get your money back and order some kettles from morebeer. They are nice and you will get them quick.

I am with you. Ordered my gear at the beginning of April and was told it finally shipped today after multiple delays. I asked for consessions or discounts on shipping and was told no. If I was not so far along in the process, I would have cancelled. I will think twice before buying from Blichmann again....

I built my single tier Bruno 10 to the dimensions of the blichmann pots, so I can't cancel my order. I will just have to ride this out. I'm just glad I will get all my brewing equipment done in one shot, cause I will think twice before I order from them again.

I got my Top Tier in a reasonable time. I already knew the burners were on backorder, but the date Northern Brewer gave was spot on. I think it took 3 weeks until I had my Top Tier. My 20 gallon pots should ship this week this week :)

I ordered a 15 gallon kettle from AHB on May 17.
I emailed AHB the other day and asked if they had heard anything from Blichmann on a ship date. They told me Blichmann was back ordered on thermometers. But it should ship out around the 7th.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Just got a response from BMW:

"They have started shipping the backordered pots, and they should be going out any day now. I am sorry for the wait and I will forward you the tracking info as soon as we get it."

Deja Vu, I think I have heard this before.

Just got a response from BMW:

"They have started shipping the backordered pots, and they should be going out any day now. I am sorry for the wait and I will forward you the tracking info as soon as we get it."

Deja Vu, I think I have heard this before.

Likewise, I ordered a floor burner on 3/13 from BMW and am still waiting. I also was told it would ship "in the next few days" we will see.

I call BS on this stainless steel shortage thing. I sell to the stainless fabrication industry and I have not heard anyone say they are having problems getting material. I think they sound like a poorly run company that makes a good product.

Brandonovich said:
I call BS on this stainless steel shortage thing. I sell to the stainless fabrication industry and I have not heard anyone say they are having problems getting material. I think they sound like a poorly run company that makes a good product.

I sell to steel fabricators as well, and there is no shortage whatsoever. Price may have risen and Blingmann can't afford the raw material up front, but I have yet to see a shortage.

Mayday99 have you heard anything yet?

Still waiting. I guess any day now literally means ANY day (like December 1, 2014 for example)

I just checked and Northern Brewer has the floor burner in stock now. I don't understand how my backorder from 3/13 STILL hasn't shipped.

They must be having working capital problems. They get your money up front, submit your order to their supplier, and then you get it after it is fabricated. This way they don't have to maintain any inventory. The problem is that when a lot of orders come in they get overwhelmed.

For a Blichmann purchase you have to plan ahead and order 3-4 months before you need it.

Enough is enough, I am asking for a refund.

Don't know how other retailers would have the item in stock again and mine still hasn't been shipped.

I got sick of waiting for my 20 gallon kettle. I placed the order in late Feb or early March from BMW. They took my money right away but they forgot to mention that it'd be months before the kettle would ship.

Finally cancelled the order in early May.

I got sick of waiting for my 20 gallon kettle. I placed the order in late Feb or early March from BMW. They took my money right away but they forgot to mention that it'd be months before the kettle would ship.

Finally cancelled the order in early May.

Any trouble getting the refund from them?

Im a machinist and we've been having a really hard time getting material period. Berrylium copper, nickel alloys, stainless, everything. Its all going over to China now so everyone else has to fight for the scraps

It is tough to cancel when i have waited so long and i know they have my order. Tell me if you do order from NB and how long it takes.

Still waiting. I guess any day now literally means ANY day (like December 1, 2014 for example)

I just checked and Northern Brewer has the floor burner in stock now. I don't understand how my backorder from 3/13 STILL hasn't shipped.

Sorry your having such a bad experience.

I ordered a floor burner from Northern Brewer on 3/24 and it was drop shipped from blichmann within a day or two. It was at my door on 3/30.

My 20 gallon pots will ship by end of this week (I hope). They are expecting the thermometers to come in today or tomorrow.

Still building my Top Tier so I am in no hurry just yet.

Argh, I ordered my 10gal BK a week before you guys (5/6/11), and still no word! Sure hope its just Williams Brewing forgetting to forward on the tracking info... :/

Here's my baby all shiny with some sweet kettles.

image-3961025913.jpg

Back