Blichmann autosparge + MattMill Lauterhexe kit Meets Igloo 10 gallon cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryMc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to prevent stuck sparges with flow control, trash, trube, etc getting into my wort and hopefully I've come up with the perfect solution .

So I ordered a blichmann autosparge from AutoSparge™ , a lauterhex from BrewPi/MattMill Lauterhexe Kit and a extra long bulkhead fitting from Amazon.com: Quick Fit XL Weldless Bulkhead All Thread with Coupling : Industrial & Scientific to complete this small project. I had the Igloo cooler already (used from craigslist). I had to cut about a 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch off the autopsarge 1/2" fitting and also I trimmed the small rod that the float threads onto, about an inch to make it fit inside the confines of the cooler.

I did not want to cut a large hole in the side of the cooler and did not cut a large hole as instructed by blichmann here: https://www.blichmannengineering.co...pdatedManuals/AutoSparge_Owners_Manual-V4.pdf

I wanted more strength that I think the thin inner wall would provide on it's own.

Attachments

• mastun.jpg
    mastun.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 27
  • mashtun2.jpg
    mashtun2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 28
  • mashtun3.jpg
    mashtun3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
this is awesome! how did you attach the quickfit weldless coupling you bought off amazon?

nevermind didnt realize it was threaded on both sides

Last edited:
Back