Black Bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharkman20

Reaction score
I've looked everywhere online and I don't think I've ever seen any 750ml black glass wine bottles anywhere for sale. I know they exist since I see them at the store when certain wineries use them, but I can't find them anywhere.

What I want to do is etch my labels in the glass using one of those glass etching kits, and create a stencil. I think it would look a lot better and stand out more on black than on the standard green or brown bottles. Does anyone have any idea on where I could pick up a couple cases?

drink wine out of them? Thats how I got all my wine bottles. If you have family around, give them a few bottles and have them drink them, depending on how fast you need them.

I could drink the wine and save the bottles, but I need about 50 of them. I like wine but I'd probably get through about 4 bottles before I gave up. lol

They're probably a specialty item. I read an article in Packaging Digest about Simpatico beer being in a black bottle. If I remember correctly, it's made special for them by O-I. O-I apparently also made some black Coke bottles for the Avatar movie release a couple years back. The article said it was a trade secret how it is done, so I doubt you'd find any new ones for sale, especially in the small quantity typical to homebrewers.

Back