better bottle handle...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavemann310

Reaction score
So i got a new better bottle with the carry handle and this is my first time using it. I already thought it was an awful flimsy design after first getting it and comparing how it is attached to pictures online. I used it today while brewing, had a perfect brew session and didnt make any mess. Filled the BB full of wort and had a lot of foam over so i took it to the bathroom to rinse the outside off with Sanitizer, pulled it up out of the tub and as I turned and was putting my hand underneath the bottom (totally aware of the two hands with carry handle idea) it did just as I worried, flopped out of the handle spilling 1/2 gallon of wort on the floor and into the carpeted hallway. Any experiences with this lousy handle, I never trusted it the day it came in the mail, any alternatives you would care to share?
ForumRunner_20120625_163336.jpg
Sweet....

I use an old milk crate for my 5 gallon carboys. Solid, protective, and made to carry the weight.

those handles IIRC are not meant to hold the weight of a full carboy/better bottle, only meant to help lug it around while empty

Sorry, but I find this funny, who needs help carrying or "lugging" and empty Better Bottle. What all 3 1/3 lbs?

Yeah I would never have bought that handle for such a thing, I figured it was meant to carry the better bottle but with your hand under it, I couldn't even get it to that point and there it went, ruined my brew day, besides the fact my gravity reading was below what I expected, might toss some boiled water with corn sugar in there in a few days to fix that with a little bump.

Im going to have to invest in some brew haulers or locate some milk crates, not feeling the $15 per brew hauler idea.

Back