Best mega beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bitburger if I have to pick a proper "big" beer, it was the first beer I used to drink regularily.
Grolsch would have been my local "big beer" but it gives me a nasty headache.
Bitburger is an excellent choice. Sure there are other craft lagers I would prefer to drink.
However, for the price and the convenience of their 16oz cans- great beer.

Lowenbrau. Sixers were 2.99 at ampm for pretty much my entire high school career.

if we wanted to splurge we’d buy oranjebom at trader joes. 3.99 for a sixer. Of TALL boys. Oh yeah.

if my buddies were buying, somehow you’d always wind up with grenades. I do NOT remember those fondly. Gross.

Lowenbrau. Sixers were 2.99 at ampm for pretty much my entire high school career.

if we wanted to splurge we’d buy oranjebom at trader joes. 3.99 for a sixer. Of TALL boys. Oh yeah.

if my buddies were buying, somehow you’d always wind up with grenades. I do NOT remember those fondly. Gross.
I remember when oranjeboom was 4 bucks. I think it’s 7 now.

lol, so you want to come clean my dishes for some of my homebrew? ;) i'll let you drink all you want....just as long as my dishes stay washed...

costs me about a nickle a pint, figure my 8% would have you passed out after 7-8 drinks, and i get clean dishes!

lol, so you want to come clean my dishes for some of my homebrew? ;) i'll let you drink all you want....just as long as my dishes stay washed...

costs me about a nickle a pint, figure my 8% would have you passed out after 7-8 drinks, and i get clean dishes!

That’s not free if I have to work for it.

lol, i almost made a political comment....:(....back to drinking :)

You’re not the only one that came close to making the political comment.

But since there is no such thing as a free lunch, we will continue to work hard and brew good beer.

Has anyone tried the Costco light beer that comes in the cans?
I’m positive it’s a contract brewed beer. Might be a decent cheap beer.

I’ve tried one of their craft beers and it was oxidized. To be fair, I’m not sure how long it sat at a friends house when I drank it.

Has anyone tried the Costco light beer that comes in the cans?
I’m positive it’s a contract brewed beer. Might be a decent cheap beer.

I’ve tried one of their craft beers and it was oxidized. To be fair, I’m not sure how long it sat at a friends house when I drank it.
Their assorted craft boxes are contract brewed also. There is a thread around here somewhere about it. I guess in some areas it isn't bad but here it is gawd awful! I started to say it was the worst I've ever had, but then I remembered that one I had at a beerfest that tasted like he had kegged his line cleaning fluid...

Last edited:
But since there is no such thing as a free lunch, we will continue to work hard and brew good beer.

lol, or cheap...i don't want to blow my hard earned mula on over/high priced stuff.....and i did have the notion your comment could be meant as that's the only way you'd drink it...

Funny, my herbal refreshment supplier is a big fan of Dos Equis Amber, always bring him a sixer just on GPs, usually have one to be social.
I would say "basically harmless" is its primary characteristic...

Cheers! ;)

Hrmm...
Stella is owned by AB InBev so I'll have to say that.

Otherwise, local to me Negra Modelo is pretty good, but probably qualifies as Kilo, not Mega :yes:

upload_2020-3-14_16-25-59.jpeg

Hard to beat that

Back