Best IPA in Canton and Pittsburgh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in the Pitt one this week they didn't have any 4-packs. The 25bbl system from Troeggs can't come soon enough. They do have growlers but I am thinking they are crazy expensive. Most places around here are sky high.

Beezy said:
I was in the Pitt one this week they didn't have any 4-packs. The 25bbl system from Troeggs can't come soon enough. They do have growlers but I am thinking they are crazy expensive. Most places around here are sky high.

Yeah I checked online and they sell growlers for $7 but idk how much 64oz of head hunter is:) lol

Kokopuff829 said:
Yeah I checked online and they sell growlers for $7 but idk how much 64oz of head hunter is:) lol

Yeah exactly. Most places around here charge you per pint. So figure 30 bucks plus glass 37 then tip and tax... That's why I usually don't get growlers. Plus if you don't drink it all in one night then the rest is a little flat.

Yeah exactly. Most places around here charge you per pint. So figure 30 bucks plus glass 37 then tip and tax... That's why I usually don't get growlers. Plus if you don't drink it all in one night then the rest is a little flat.

Only good place I've been to in Pittsburgh for growlers is Rock Bottom in the Waterfront (Homestead). Something like 8-10 bucks for a filled growler. Too bad most of their beers are bland and run of the mill. Some of their seasonal and experimental stuff is ok though.

kpr121 said:
Only good place I've been to in Pittsburgh for growlers is Rock Bottom in the Waterfront (Homestead). Something like 8-10 bucks for a filled growler. Too bad most of their beers are bland and run of the mill. Some of their seasonal and experimental stuff is ok though.

East End has growlers at the brewery and a fill station in the Strip District. It's 10 for sessions 12 or 14 for higher grain bill stuff. The most I paid was 18 for their IIPA limited growler release. The glass is at cost 3 bucks. Generally I find brewery fills to be reasonable.

I think the HH fill is around $12, so I'm guessing you're looking at around $20 for the growler + fill.

Beezy said:

Exactly. That's why I decided not to get it. Head Hunter is amazing! I've had an IPA or anything really hoppy but it was great. I wouldn't drink it all the time (yet):) I might have to start drinking more hoppier beers.

CTownBrewer said:
I think the HH fill is around $12, so I'm guessing you're looking at around $20 for the growler + fill.

Ok thats not bad! I'd pay that for head hunter. Man I was reading some reviews on it. I don't agree with most of them at all. Its a perfect IPA for me. The nose is possibly the best I have put my nose too. And the taste is balanced. You get that malt at first and then the dank hops after words. Not a bomb just a nice tasting beer.

Beezy said:
Ok thats not bad! I'd pay that for head hunter. Man I was reading some reviews on it. I don't agree with most of them at all. Its a perfect IPA for me. The nose is possibly the best I have put my nose too. And the taste is balanced. You get that malt at first and then the dank hops after words. Not a bomb just a nice tasting beer.

Yeah I agree. One review said it tasted like weeds. It was my first IPA but I could tell it was a good one. It smelled like I just opened a hop packet.

If it's the same review I saw, the meant weed as in pot I thought which I don't entirely disagree with nor do I see the problem. Mary J and Hops are cousins and its probably one of the reasons I like a hoppy beer today ;)

Beezy said:
If it's the same review I saw, the meant weed as in pot I thought which I don't entirely disagree with nor do I see the problem. Mary J and Hops are cousins and its probably one of the reasons I like a hoppy beer today ;)

Yeah I can see where the can get that from. It's very heavy a plant like.

Back